bighen

re xxx 12 problem

hey all have a problem went out for a ride today and i was jamming to some tunes and all i hear is a big pop... so i turned my deck off got home took my sub out of the box and i found this http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z336/silly_bighen/ (im new to forums still trying to figure out how to post pictures only way i could figure it out) but anyway take a look and i need some suggestions on a easy fix both sides are like this....

Edited by silly_willy

I'm by all means no professional but i can tell you from what i see is that it appears your tinsel leads have definitely separated. Now, as to 'why'. I can think of your amp pushing to much power to the cone which in turn caused it to excurse out farther than intended causing the tinsel leads to be over extended and snap. Or the loud "pop" you're referring to is very likely to have been your amp clipping.

is it possible for it happen at low volume because it wasnt playing even half when it did it? its playing off a hifonics BRZ2100.1D @ 1ohm.. well anyway have any suggestions how to fix

You ran it beyond the mechanical limits, way further.

yes its the older style, blahh this isnt sounding to good.. soo what could i do to get it back and running?

Recone I think Fi can do it. What is your box tuned to? And how is your SSF set?

box is 32hz and i think not sure ssf set around 20-25 not positve

surely did poor Re... cant wait to get it recone an back to hearing my bass... just trying to figure out who i should go with to recone it

already did ;) got a quick response little pricey but ive heard all good storys soo just waiting to get paid

I'd never let David touch an old XXX. Fi needs to do it. You can order a recone right from the website.

I agree with everyone about going with Fi. It will take a while but it'll be well worth it.