bighen

Audiopipe AQX3500.1 question

aight i see that AP came out with a new amp the Ap AQX3500.1 anyone have any reliable info on it? does it actually do rated... i have heard good things about the ap3000.1 just curious if would be a good investment if i decided to upgrade my system?

Edited by silly_willy

Audiopipe is CEA Compliant and does do rated power. I would recomend going with the ap3000 just because i would have a bit more trust on the one i know works well. And 500 watts wont really make a diference in sound to the ear at least. Get the 3500 if you have to wire at 1 ohm.

If not then get the old ap3000

Audiopipe is CEA Compliant and does do rated power.

Not exactly truth in that statement. Either way it doesn't matter which you made clear :)

And 500 watts wont really make a diference in sound to the ear at least.

1000% the case

I'd rather get a less powerful amplifier from a better brand like RF, MTX, Sundown,..

I don't like AP.

It does not mean their amps are bad, it's just my personal taste !

I looooooooooooove my AQX-1800d. I'm running it with skimpy 4 gauge on bone stock electrical and as long as I'm driving it stays pretty cool. When I'm sitting and beating on it it gets hot but only then. It looks way better in person and it's pretty heavy.

The AP3000 and Aqx-3500 have different places in the lineup though. The AQX is one ohm stable and better built. The AP is 2 1500 boards strapped so it's only 2 ohm stable and of lesser quality. I'm speaking out of experience. Between my 1800 and my buddies Ap1500 it's clear that they're completely different classes of amps. There's a reason the AQX's cost so much more.

EDIT: Not to say that the AP series is crap lol. That's kinda what I made it sound like.

Edited by An-i-no

If I'm not mistaken, the 3500d is the same board as the Crunch GP3000dpro. Which we all know was one helva budget amp. Not saying AP is as good or better, but it does have a good board design. Now the parts could differ and cause it to make less power or have more problems.

I do also think RD 3250v2 was the same, and it had tons of problems.

the AQX3500.1 is not new either... It's been around for quite sometime now.

If I'm not mistaken, the 3500d is the same board as the Crunch GP3000dpro. Which we all know was one helva budget amp. Not saying AP is as good or better, but it does have a good board design. Now the parts could differ and cause it to make less power or have more problems.

I do also think RD 3250v2 was the same, and it had tons of problems.

Iirc there was a problem with all the boards and RD was the only one that released them that way. It was RD, AP and some other company that was affected but they didn't let the defective ones out...

RD problems, lol. What a surprise...