Iownyoujk

I'm looking for a decent car audio setup.

I need some help figuring out on what I should get.

I'm looking for a 12" sub with around 600-900watt rms and a good amp.

My car is a 2000 Grand am GT with not a whole lot of trunk space.

I already have an aftermarket radio so I just need the box,amp,and subs.

Any help is appriciated!

Got any goals?

Without any goals for your system we can't really tell you what to get because we don't know what you like.

But you could get:

Sa-12

Incriminator Audio 5.1

Contact Audibel Customs for a nice box.

As you can see OP, your not going to get very much help if you don't put much effort into your question or goals.

It's like saying "I need a car."

What does "not a whole lot of trunk space" really entail? Post up some max dimensions (the max space your willing to give up).

Budget? What type of music do you listen to? What have you heard in the past? What did you like, not like? etc.

Are you able to build the enclosure yourself, or will you need to pay someone else to build it?

I'm extremely sorry for not filling out any details, and I appreciate the help despite that I didn't really give any good details.

Music: Rap

Budget: $500-$700

I prefer clean sounding over loud sounding, but still want the sub to be beefy (if at possible in my budget)

I'm sorry about enclosure I don't really know how determine that :/.

Hope that helps if there is any more questions you need me to answer please tell me, thank you for your help so far!

I'm extremely sorry for not filling out any details, and I appreciate the help despite that I didn't really give any good details.

Music: Rap

Budget: $500-$700

I prefer clean sounding over loud sounding, but still want the sub to be beefy (if at possible in my budget)

I'm sorry about enclosure I don't really know how determine that :/.

Hope that helps if there is any more questions you need me to answer please tell me, thank you for your help so far!

I would use a ported enclosure, assuming you have enough space in the trunk for appropriate enclosure volume.

I think Audibel Customs (right here on the forum) has some "affordable enclosures", same quality as a custom enclosure but preset dimensions. So if you could fit one of his in your trunk then you'd save some money, otherwise you'll need a custom enclosure.

Fi SSDs are nice. Relatively cheap (~$200).

SSA dcons are a bit cheaper then the ssds, very nice drivers for the money, great bang for your buck.

And plenty more drivers out there... :P

Also, don't forget about buying RCA cable, power wire, ground wire, and ring terminals. That will set you back ~$40-80.

I have a khaotik enclosure for single 12" I am selling for $125 plus shipping let me know if interested I had an xcon 12 in my 08 grand prix great box

I have a khaotik enclosure for single 12" I am selling for $125 plus shipping let me know if interested I had an xcon 12 in my 08 grand prix great box

OP, Khaotik enclosures were made by SSA / Andrew (Argent Audio), great quality. And that price is cheap!

To determine your maximum enclosure size measure your trunk opening and go from there. You can even mock something up with cardboard to help give you an idea of what will fit.

Are you building your own enclosure or purchasing one? It will make a difference as far as how to allocate your budget. Ported would be the way to go for what you're describing.

I think the SSD would be a great choice or you could wait for the new Icon to come out.

For an amp I'd consider buying used. That can save you a little money and you'll end up with a nice amp. Tons of choices out there. Do a little research and find some amps that you like and check out the classifieds and see if anything you want comes up. Good luck . :)

I'd be interested in buying it but just curious about what kind of box it is. Is it ported?

Also I imagine it's a great box, but what about it makes it really good?

So yea I would definitely be interested in buying it, but I don't know what amp or subwoofer I should get. I'm still looking around an $500-$700 if possible.

I'd be interested in buying it but just curious about what kind of box it is. Is it ported?

Also I imagine it's a great box, but what about it makes it really good?

So yea I would definitely be interested in buying it, but I don't know what amp or subwoofer I should get. I'm still looking around an $500-$700 if possible.

I think they made them in sealed and ported, so he'll have to say which. The ported ones are tuned to 33hz which is average tuning for people looking for the lows in rap music.

It's a great box because it's built well. 3/4" MDF, double baffle for the speaker mount. Bracing inside.

Here's an example of one:

DSC04241.JPG

i would go with the sa series for two reasons one it's a beast and two sundown audio is hands down the leader in customer service. :fing34:

That Picture and statements above are exactly what I have it's ported tuned to 33 hz double baffle kerf port cnc precision cut I have some pics in my gallery but can post more if needed

Very nice box at a great price. I'd be all over it if I was planning a single 12 setup.

if you feel comfortable with buying used gear then i suggest you dont buy the sub or amp new. with your budget you could get something like a FI BL, ~1500rms amp, and have money left over for deadening, for example.

here is a suggestion on amp, sundown 1200 refurb from db-r

-btw, i dont think you will have a problem running this amount of power on stock electrical, just do the big 3 and run 0 gauge wire.

visit the deadening section and/or visit sounddeadenershowdown.com for some deadening advise.

i would go with the sa series for two reasons one it's a beast and two sundown audio is hands down the leader in customer service. :fing34:

Both of those reasons are subjective. Please don't use subjective reasons to convince the OP to use something or another.

I'd recommend getting Logan's enclosure for the $125+ shipping. We will go on the high side and call it $200 shipped.

So, enclosure $200

With this woofer,

SKAR VVX 12" $179