wizardkiller14@yahoo.com

Wiring BL's to an amp

I need help guys. So I bought 2 Fi BL's a couple of months ago and I've gone through 2 hifonics brutus amps. I am currently waiting on a sundown saz3500 that I just ordered. The problem I'm having is the speakers are .7 ohms per coil. How should I wire them to the amp. I dont want to blow another amp. GUYS I am in need of some help please.

What does your electrical system consist of? Hifonics isn't the best brand but if you have a severe voltage drop switching to the Sundown won't solve your problems.

Look on the12volt.com

I agree for a diagram to wire. But if he has a stock electrical system it's irrelevant because he can't supply enough power to the amplifier.

There is a reason you have fried two amps already, you need to address why that happened.

They are D1 coils, the Re is .7.

There is a reason you have fried two amps already, you need to address why that happened.

This^^ I'm going to assume poor electrical. You can't just keep throwing new amps in hoping that you're going to be okay. You need to figure out why you have gone through two amps already.

This^^ I'm going to assume poor electrical. You can't just keep throwing new amps in hoping that you're going to be okay. You need to figure out why you have gone through two amps already.

Nope sorry but it aint poor electrical. I got a d3400 and a 270xp alternator with the big three. All 0 gauge cable. So I'm sure I got enough power. Will the sundown handle .7 on a dailly or how are people using the subs when they buy them dual 1ohm? From what I've been told is that hifonics are very sensitive. Anymore help is appreciated.

Just cause you have an upgraded alternator and one extra battery does not mean you have a stout electrical, with the Sundown 3500d your gonna need another battery. Do you have a volt meter in your car, if so what was your voltage dropping to with your Hifonics amps?

Option 1: (Wire it this way to run your SAZ-3500D or any other 1 -ohm stable amplifier)

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Option 2:

2_1ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

12volt.com

You will need at least 1 (minimum) battery in back to handle the current draw that the SAZ-3500D will pull.

Look into a group 31 series like the XS Power D3100.

Option 1: (Wire it this way to run your SAZ-3500D or any other 1 -ohm stable amplifier)

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Option 2:

2_1ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

12volt.com

You will need at least 1 (minimum) battery in back to handle the current draw that the SAZ-3500D will pull.

Look into a group 31 series like the XS Power D3100.

oK so i can add another battery to the back. But back to wiring them. They are dual 1 ohm subs but really read .7 re at the coils. I guess they are made like that. If i wire them in series at the sub then parallel to the amp I will be back at .7 for the 2 at the amp. So can I use the SAZ3500 at that configuration?

A pair of D .7 subs will wire to .7 or 2.8 ohms nominal.

way more than enough

so OHJAY will my new sundown 3500 be a match for these subs at .7?

They are dual 1 ohm subs correct? If so yes they'll be fine. You NEED to figure out why you are blowing through amps first, or just flush the money down the toilet and save yourself the headache.

They are dual 1 ohm subs correct? If so yes they'll be fine. You NEED to figure out why you are blowing through amps first, or just flush the money down the toilet and save yourself the headache.

:sleepwerd4: this is true

Im running crescendo 3500 on my bl's with two kinetic 2400's and 275amp alternator and i still dip to 12.5 but DAM does it get loud! You should be happy with that 3500 bl's love that power if its non clipped.

yeah they are dual 1 ohm subs. .7 nominal--- I'm learning as I go.

Im running crescendo 3500 on my bl's with two kinetic 2400's and 275amp alternator and i still dip to 12.5 but DAM does it get loud! You should be happy with that 3500 bl's love that power if its non clipped.

Damn bro. still dropping that low with a 275amp alternator. Who made your alt?

How many ohms are your speakers and how do you have them wired to what impedance at the amp?

Edited by unhuman G