MasterG

Too much power?

Hey, everyone. Im looking into getting either AA Mayhem 15 d2 or AA Havoc 18 d2 or d1 depending on how much power it can take daily. Amp is Hifonics BRZ2400.1D and I read that the Havocs have a power handling of 1250W rms. I wanna know if I can power the Havoc with the full 2400W or if I would need to wire to 2ohm for 1700W. Also, would either of these numbers be too much power for daily use? The car it is going in is a pontiac vibe and has about 24cuft of cargo area for the box so I dont think Ill have problems fitting the box in the car. But, Ive also read that certain setups are better for certain cars and idk how to tell since Im quite new at this. If anyone knows a price for either of these new, email me at gnestle@mail.usf.edu I have a local AA dealer who installed my last setup (two used 2006 RE SX 12's on Hifonics BXi1610D on stock electrical) and was extremely happy with it so he will be building the next box and installing everything. Thanks in advance!

Your looking at 2 completely different subs there. Might want to post what your looking to get out of the system first. What's your budget?

Too much power. Its always been said that if you have to ask then yes its too much. As for the pricing you'll have to hit up your local dealer because iirc they dont cross into other AA dealers territory

Your looking at 2 completely different subs there. Might want to post what your looking to get out of the system first. What's your budget?

Im looking to spend anywhere from 4-6 on the sub itself. I know those subs are completely different, but I dont want to get the Mayhem 18 bc itll drown out a lot of the music. Ive heard the havoc is less in spl and more geared towards sq so I figured the 18 would still give me great sq since its the Havoc and since its an 18, itll still put out on the spl side as well. I mean its gonna be a daily driver with no competing purposes. I def want a speaker that will hit hard, which Im sure both of these will do, especially the Mayhem. Idk if the Havoc 18 will be too much for the car or if I can even fit it in the car without taking the back seats out. I was kinda set on either of these, whichever would perform best in my car. But, I am open to suggestions if anyone has better ideas. And like i previously stated, idk if my amp will be too much for the Havoc. I see a lot of people supplying more power than the subs power handling rating and they say its all about how smart you are with it, but Im unsure to what that means. I dont wanna spend the money for the Havoc and then have it blow because I put too much power to it.

You're probably better off with the Mayhem, it should handle alot more abuse. If you have a local AA dealer, why are you on here asking for pricing?

You're probably better off with the Mayhem, it should handle alot more abuse. If you have a local AA dealer, why are you on here asking for pricing?

Didnt wanna get overpriced. When youre a newb like me, you can be fooled around with lol

Then buy a Fi subwoofer direct from the manufacturer.

Then buy a Fi subwoofer direct from the manufacturer.

agreed FI Audio is the shitttt

The Mayhem wont drown out anything unless you play it to where you make it a bit too loud for your music listening level. Build a good enclosure and it can sound great on music, with the ability to get loud later on down the road if you decide to go an SPL oriented route.