KingManny

Chevy Avalanche screw up?

Goodmorning everybody, I just ordered my first 2 ever Sundown Nightshade v.2 15s. Which are going to be powered by (2) Saz-2500. I ordered a midgate box for the 15's from this site. Here's a link so u can get an idea.

http://www.carforce1.com/popup_image.php?pID=123&osCsid=ff95f7f7feb2370cf60b02e13253aef1

My question is 3.5 cubic feet of space in that box enough to really enjoy hard thumping bass. And yes I know the pic isn't for 15's in addition the port on mine is bigger than the one in the pic. N no raping please this is my first build. Last system I had was Liberty City Flea Market brands.

Soon as I get home ill send out the measurements.

3.5 for each? Or total? What's it tuned to? Does it have a double baffle to prevent them from destroying it? While we're here....what have you done to your electrical system so that it can handle 5000 watts?

That box will not be optimal for the Nightshades. But it may meet your expectations? My advice would be to cancel your order and have an experienced box builder/designer help you with an optimal box. You have badass woofers, get a badass box.

and perhaps ask these questions BEFORE you buy......... when your at this point in car audio just throwing things in boxs, wont work for you.

and honestly i think you need half your order. and the nightshade is a pretty serious sub.. belive me i know.

the SA may be better off for you . at this point..

you dont need HUGE subs and HUGE power to get a LOW sound as you dispribed.

at this point it looks like you have bitten off WAY more then you can chew.

and perhaps ask these questions BEFORE you buy......... when your at this point in car audio just throwing things in boxs, wont work for you.

and honestly i think you need half your order. and the nightshade is a pretty serious sub.. belive me i know.

the SA may be better off for you . at this point..

you dont need HUGE subs and HUGE power to get a LOW sound as you dispribed.

at this point it looks like you have bitten off WAY more then you can chew.

I agree with everything Jon said above. "Low sound" has more to do with the box than the sub that's inside it. You should really have a professionally built enclosure done for those Nightshade's if you're serious about using them. Along with at LEAST a few good batteries, HO alternator (or two), tons of 1/0 gauge wire and some serious sound deadening to run what you've listed, and YES, all that is necessary so you dont' wind up with blown equipment. However, if you do as he suggested and go with the SA series, or some Fi SSD's, or anything that's a little more middle of the road you'll save yourself a great deal of money, headaches, and other problems. If you're moving up from the garbage that's found at flea markets you'll be amazed at what a modest installation with decent equipment can do.

Alright gentemen, these are the current measurements. Overall 42 inches length 16 inches height. Ports: 14 1/2inx2 1/2in each sub. Now for the space for each sub. It's 13 1/2in depth 17in width 15in height. Sorry for the late response. My signature has my current equipment. I wouldve had a box made but the last quote I had gotten was 5 to 600 bucks. Considering the amount of money I already spent Im hoping this box would b enough. I have no goals as per competition I just want my music loud hard n sweeet. N I wanted the Nightshades because I want More Power :)

Alright gentemen, these are the current measurements. Overall 42 inches length 16 inches height. Ports: 14 1/2inx2 1/2in each sub. Now for the space for each sub. It's 13 1/2in depth 17in width 15in height. Sorry for the late response. My signature has my current equipment. I wouldve had a box made but the last quote I had gotten was 5 to 600 bucks. Considering the amount of money I already spent Im hoping this box would b enough. I have no goals as per competition I just want my music loud hard n sweeet. N I wanted the Nightshades because I want More Power :)

The box isn't a good place to be cheap. In my opinion the box is the most important factor in the substage.

thats not enough space..

and yes.. a good box will run that much when having it made..

let me ask you this.. you say you have a hummer.... when you get tires to put on it will you go down to wallmart and get a nice white wall genrel tire for it.. and is about 6 inch wide???

or will you go to a tire shop.. and get tires that are made for a hummer and drive it like such??

you have to have a good foundation to build something right.

you can take the best sub in the world and put it in a shit box.. and it will not play well.. same side you can take a wall mart sub.. built the right box and it will play like you never have thought.

also im allso worried about your amps... well more so your batteries... i see you have two marine AGMs; but what kind?

you will be pulling some current with those amps... somthing that needs attention and CAN NOT BE skipped.... amps blow/catch fire from low voltage.

im also confused by the way you thought this out.....

you spent good money for good equipment.. but then when it comes to the backbone and the true important parts you said HAAAA fuck it.. ive spent too much already....

but im glad you made it this way (SSA) before installing.

this will be a SICK build if done correctly..

how about some pics of the truck?

If you wanna go loud maybe a blow-through :D??

Avalanches are the easiest vehicles to make a blow through with due to the midgate being able to be removed. My brother has an 09 with 2 JL 12w7s ported in a custom made setup. I know JL isn't the greatest for loud but its what he loves and it sounds clean.

Hopefully the OP can get his situation figured out. you can fit a rather large box into the truck if you're willing to give up the depth of the short bed

Batts: (2) AGM 12V Battery, Group 31, 105 Ah, 1000 MCA, 190

Res. Min., 12.9"L x 6.75"W x 9.4"H, 70lb. N you're right Bigjon I shouldn't go cheap at the end. thanks

Batts: (2) AGM 12V Battery, Group 31, 105 Ah, 1000 MCA, 190

Res. Min., 12.9"L x 6.75"W x 9.4"H, 70lb. N you're right Bigjon I shouldn't go cheap at the end. thanks

nice specs on the batteries.

wanna share the brand?

do you already paid for the prefab?

the nightshade V2s are boss subs. i lovem

The battery brand is SeaVolt. Ok then what's a recommended space for each sub? I'm gonna have to look for a fabricator in Miami, "hopefully" and I'm gonna need a spec to have him /her make it

And yea Jon I already paid for the box...

3 to 4 cubic feet ported tuned to 30-35hz

That's per sub

Thanks.

Make sure you have your box builder make it double baffle.

Had to Google that 1 lol