accordwithbass

Walled off Accord

Ok, so Im sorta new to SSA and Ive been looking at alot of people build logs and I decided its time to wall my car. Ive already started and this project should get done within the next couple weeks. So heres the specs, 2 FI Q 15 fully loaded, box has 8.2 Cubes after displacement tuned to 33hz. Im open to any feedback and opinions but if your going to be a jack a$$ then dont bother posting, 1 more thing, Im 17 years old and im doing all of this myself with maybe the help of my friend so dont give me crap for being young I know 95% of what im doing, secureing the box to my car is the hardest thing for me, I was think get brackets shaped like this -|_|- from home depot, flat up over down flat, and Using sheet metal screws to secure them to the floor, then drill through those and bolt my false floor to the brackets what do you guys think?

I dont know how to post pics yet because its URL not upload, so Ill figure it out tonight, so far I have all the wood cut and all the wires ready, Im in the process of tinting my rear and 2 back side windows 5% because looking through clear glass at a box is ugly (the box will be wrapped in suede once completed)

Ok I figured out how to post pics, Here is my tint so far

photo-4.jpg

Here is the wood

photo-1.jpg

heres what it looks like now

photo-3.jpg

Heres my car

photo-2.jpg

There is more to come, im cutting the shape for the false floor tomorrow or the day after but what do you guys recommend to secure the false floor to the car???

Tuned in for the build!

I love the color of your Accord by the way.

Not usually too fond of lambo doors but they don't look to bad man.

What are you tuning your wall too?

Daily ground pounder or are you doing comps as well?

What are you using for amps?

Any performance mods to your car?

Also, we here at SSA like pics so....

THE MOAR THE BETTA!!

:fing34:

At first I didnt like the color of my car but I spent alllllll day detailing the hell out of it and it looks nice! The lambo doors I got for a steal $150 brand new off craigslist and I installed them myself (thats the only reason I got them) I have the typical ebay intake, lowered on Ebiach sportlines in the front, no lowering in the back because system weight= 2 inch drop. All my mods I do myself because shops want an arm and a leg. Its a daily driver, I already have 1 Q 15 in the trunk sealed, its loudest system in my town, Im ordering another sub once I get $100 more. The box will be tuned to 33 hz, all ive heard is that this sub performs wayyy better in a ported enclosure so I cant wait to have both subs going!! The amps are the 2 older silver Hifonics amps they are bridged and running around 3 ohms, i got dual 2 with is 1.4 a coil. I think im running around 800rms not sure tho, I cant find specs for these amps. The second Hifonics amp isnt hooked up yet. The big old school 4 channel Soundstream amp is running all my doors and tweeters, all JL idk which ones I forgot. Ill post ALOT more pics of my stuff tomorrow after school, I want to do the big 3 sometime soon also. But my biggest obstical is how to secure the false floor to the car? I was thinking using the brackets with sheet metal screws and then in between the false floor and the cars floor I would use sticky foam and spray a bunch of that under it for more secure-ness (I dont think thats a word) and again im 17 so I think im doing pretty good, im not some idiot teen kid.

Oh and there is no competitions around where I live, I live in Washington State. I wish there was competitions Id be there every time.

Heres my sub now in the custom sealed box I made, Its around 2.5-3 cubes, Its a big box but it sound soooo good in it! And other random pics.

Super Direct connect, I just drilled holes and ran the wire straight from the sub to the amp, no connectors for the box I have now

photo-9.jpg

Amps

IMG_0261.jpg

Head unit

photo-8.jpg

First sound system, old school soundstream reference 10s

photo-7.jpg

Sub now

photo-6.jpg

BIG sealed box

photo-10.jpg

thats very rice,,,i mean nice :fing34:

Haha ya I know its sorta ricey, the lambo doors complete the ricer effect, but believe me its not even close to bad around here, either everyone has a crappy yota or a primer civic with a bunch of sticks and body ktis. Like I said before I paid 150 for the lambo doors so i saved almost $1800. The only reason why I keep the lambo doors is because old ladys keep asking about my delorean lol.

Man I just love the look of the Fi logo. Can't wait to see another wall, lol :popcorn:

tuned in!! :popcorn:

Im thinking about another Hifonics, one 2500 watt mono block, because they are cheap and are pretty good amps

dont go with the Hfi line of hifonics....only Brutus

or go with goliath... or maxximus :)

Edited by 10000wrms

Man I just love the look of the Fi logo. Can't wait to see another wall, lol :popcorn:

I know man! Every thing dark then boom FI right in the middle, I think im going to get a big FI logo for my back window what do you guys think YES or NO?

Im thinking about another Hifonics, one 2500 watt mono block, because they are cheap and are pretty good amps

dont go with the Hfi line of hifonics....only Brutus

or go with goliath... or maxximus :)

Ya, thats what im going to get

Ya, thats what im going to get

smart man :)

I know man! Every thing dark then boom FI right in the middle, I think im going to get a big FI logo for my back window what do you guys think YES or NO?

haha do it..i was thinking about doing it to... but the biggest decal they sell wont cover the whole window...

Edited by 10000wrms

Sounds like you have put some thought into your install and how you want it to be. Big 3, as you have mentioned is a must. I'm sure you have thought about it, but just to bring it to your attention, the gas tank on that vehicle is under the rear seat so you will want to take care when doing any securing that you don't run any screws through the floor into the tank.

You could possibly use 2X4s to make a frame that could be secured at the sides of the car (inside edges of the door frame) to stay away from the floorboard. Then lay a mdf or plywood plate to build the enclosure(wall) on. Good Luck with the build!!!! Will be checking in on the progress.

My plan is to get metal brackets which I'll get today and take pics. And screw those to the "humps" the high parts of the metal because the gas tank doesn't go up into the hump. Then I will screw the wood to those brackets (and the brackets can be bent so i can make the floor level). Then for for more support/bracing and sound deadening I'll spray hardening foam under nieth the flase floor and above the metal and that will stick together and stop some rattles. I will be cutting the false floor tomorrow.

hey accordwithbass im in spokane and about to buy a beater to wall where are you maybe we can get something going around here

I wouldnt put a sticker on my car, thats just advertisement to let thieves know you have a system but to each their own.

209native Ive talked to the local audio shops and they never see any comps around here but they all have term labs and they want to use them. I'm going to get metered when my wall is complete. A few of my friends want to make a car audio club sometime.

Jay-cee I was thinking that but in my area theft isn't a big deal. I parked my car in my garage and whereever I go it's useually under cameras and im not away from my car for more than 3 hours. If I where in Tacoma I wouldn't but I'm in a pretty decent community.

209native Ive talked to the local audio shops and they never see any comps around here but they all have term labs and they want to use them. I'm going to get metered when my wall is complete. A few of my friends want to make a car audio club sometime.

Jay-cee I was thinking that but in my area theft isn't a big deal. I parked my car in my garage and whereever I go it's useually under cameras and im not away from my car for more than 3 hours. If I where in Tacoma I wouldn't but I'm in a pretty decent community.

Naive thinking like that is what gets people jacked, you never let your guard down for those type of things even if you feel you live in the 10 safest spots in America (Ive seen and heard people getting jacked and only leaving there car for 30 minutes or less). Not wishing anything upon you just saying you can never be too careful. But like I said to each is own, I had stickers before and took them off for two reasons. I didnt want to be a driving advertisement, plus it makes the car look tacky (my car looks better without them then with them). Thats my .02 but if you want one a sticker on your window then it your decision since its your car. Go for it and take pictures.

we dont have anything around here either.To bad your not closer we could get something going. good luck with the build

Ya I'm debating the sticker thing. My car is pretty clean. A sticker could make it look bad. I might do like 1 small one.