Robertjr79

2 15" sub how much power

I'm planning on buying a new system during winter for next summer and I wanted to go with 2 15" sub in a ported box. I know its a hard question to answer but how much power will I need to run them? I was looking at the RE SEX15D4 but I havent made up my mind on them 100% yet. But in general how much power would be nneded to run dual 15"? Should I go with 1 amp for both or 1 amp per sub?

Find where the sub rates its rms power.. times by 2. Shoot for that much power if you can afford it.

Yes.

Yes for ???

Find where the sub rates its rms power.. times by 2. Shoot for that much power if you can afford it.

Ok so the RE SEX15D4 rms is 600 so something around 1200 rms, now would it be better to run 1 sub per amp?

Give them as much power as you want, if its above rated expect them to fry. Manufacturers recommend a maximum power input for a reason.

Don't think it will matter. For 1200 watts I would run one amp. Probably cheaper to run one.

No don't run one sub per amp. Just get an amp to run both. I would get a 1500w amp just to have a little more then rms.

Give them as much power as you want, if its above rated expect them to fry. Manufacturers recommend a maximum power input for a reason.

Ok thanks for that info will stay around the rms range

Don't think it will matter. For 1200 watts I would run one amp. Probably cheaper to run one.

Thanks

No don't run one sub per amp. Just get an amp to run both. I would get a 1500w amp just to have a little more then rms.

Thanks

Great choice on sub by the way. I heard a pair of the sex's in person on 1500 watts and they sounded great!

Great choice on sub by the way. I heard a pair of the sex's in person on 1500 watts and they sounded great!

Great I may end up getting this, what amp were they running off?