Angelboy863

Changing my headlights?

ya you cant really change the color without going to HIDs...

and if you aim them correctly you wont blind anyone...

10k = blue

4-6k = white

But if you dont need them put the money in a retirement account. :drink40:

10k = blue

4-6k = white

Or eat at a fancy restaurant, or buy a surfboard. :WTFBubble:

10k = blue

4-6k = white

lol i know right...

10k = blue

4-6k = white

What does hid gain you over stock lights?

That's not necessarily the case, especially when they're aimed downwards to prevent other drivers from being blinded. You end up with a big bright puddle of light in front of your car which is usually mistaken to mean that the HID's are better. Sure it's brighter than halogen, but the beam's range is less than that of the factory halogen bulbs. Standard halogen housings weren't meant to house HID's and the reflections occur as a result of this.

That's not necessarily the case, especially when they're aimed downwards to prevent other drivers from being blinded. You end up with a big bright puddle of light in front of your car which is usually mistaken to mean that the HID's are better. Sure it's brighter than halogen, but the beam's range is less than that of the factory halogen bulbs. Standard halogen housings weren't meant to house HID's and the reflections occur as a result of this.

thats what a retro fit/projectors are for :)

Edited by 10K

Not the case, I have tried hids in my jeep liberty and didnt see the bang for the buck.

did you try adjusting your headlights ??

Why does everyone insist that the PIAAs or extra vision do not have any change in color? I've had them all and they DO have a color shift from the standard yellow haligen bulbs.

Not the case, I have tried hids in my jeep liberty and didnt see the bang for the buck.

Yes I did after market hids arent meant for halogen lamp holders. to work like oems.

Yes I did after market hids arent meant for halogen lamp holders. to work like oems.

true you usually have to do a retro fit or get projectors.

Correct. They are not meant for it but even with the light runoff in MOST cases there is a huge improvement in output...

Correct. They are not meant for it but even with the light runoff in MOST cases there is a huge improvement in output...

Are they legal for road use ?

AFAIK, they are legal for road use.... Most cars manufactured now(even cheap shyt) come with HIDs stock installed obviously in a projector assembly...

I believe the issue now is more the color and tint which was almost always what got people pulled over since 6K and higher are blue in origin and 12K and up are purple... Those are not helpful in driving and can most likely get you pulled over... I would check your state laws concerning lights/headlight assemblies though to be safe..

In New Jersey is "used" to be that you couldn't even pass state inspections with blue bulbs halogen/HIDs alike.... Now they only care for emissions testing... I've never known anyone pulled over for just having HIDs installed in a stock assembly, only known a few to be stopped because of the blue/purple tint ....

Well bringing this back up... I never did get the bulbs, yet lol.

Around here, you see big lifted trucks have HIDs and it helps us alot (guys with trucks) with hunting and trailing. Some people don't understand and think we're just arrogant teenagers trying to showoff. My dad made me get HIDs cause I'd go out in the woods with my buddies alot and it was extremely helpful, kept me more alert with the big vision lol.