wizardkiller14@yahoo.com

help on port design

need the size of the sub and how big of a box you are going to use

Edited by RayN

need the size of the sub and how big of a box you are going to use

x2

And how many of them..

What frequency you want the box tuned to.

Edited by Freshh

And how many of them..

It's gonna be 2 Fi BL 12's fully loaded. The box is gonna be built by a local shop and I requested a pretty big port to move some air so they asked me for the size of port i wanted. Its gonna be 5 ft3 and tuned to 33 hz.

And how many of them..

It's gonna be 2 Fi BL 12's fully loaded. The box is gonna be built by a local shop and I requested a pretty big port to move some air so they asked me for the size of port i wanted. Its gonna be 5 ft3 and tuned to 33 hz.

i would use about 80 inches of port area

calculator says 65 but from personal experience with the BL they perform better with a little more

And how many of them..

calculator says 65 but from personal experience with the BL they perform better with a little more

so if i made the port 16x5 how deep would it need to be or is there other dimensions you would use?

And how many of them..

so if i made the port 16x5 how deep would it need to be or is there other dimensions you would use?

heres a calculator for that Port calc

if your net internal volume is 5 cubes and 16x5 port then it needs to be 32 inches long

And how many of them..

if your net internal volume is 5 cubes and 16x5 port then it needs to be 32 inches long

thanks bro i appreciate the help

can i post whats going in my car in this section or do i need to create a new one

And how many of them..

can i post whats going in my car in this section or do i need to create a new one

If you want to do a build log then start a new one in that section.

Show us some pics man! :drink40:

Edited by trod2902

And how many of them..

If you want to do a build log then start a new one in that section.

Show us some pics man! :drink40:

gonna start one right now :slayer:

ya it might have some bloated low end at that volume

how much power are you running?

Edited by trod2902

Just be sure that you end up with your desired net volume after taking all displacements into consideration.