Sign in to follow this  
Moofs

Where can I buy a 187?

Anyone know where I can get the 187 or when they are releasing the new model?

Thanks but I saw that. Any idea when they will be available again or if the new line is coming out soon?

not sure about when they will be restocked but check out the ssa dcon or Fi X subs. they are similarly priced.

yeah the dcon looks nice. haven't heard anything about the fi x really.

I have a DCON 15 and it is amazing for just 300 watts going to it. (Rated for 300 so perfect match of power)

And it makes my window, when half way down, do the wave. Lol. Best $169(shipped) I ever spent.

It also retains GREAT SQ, just as all SSA subs do.

Well with either sub I get, I plan to run it on a kicker zx400.1 so it'll be seeing 400rms. I listen to mostly rock and rap. But mostly rock.

All ill be running are front components and the sub. I was wondering if in a ported box, the sub would still sound good if crossed over at around 120hz and then have the components take over from there. Since I heard the dcon shines more in on the lows than upper range.

btw, nice camry wagon. My first car was a 94 corolla which is what got me into car audio. I love seeing setups on older toyotas and camrys.

Well with either sub I get, I plan to run it on a kicker zx400.1 so it'll be seeing 400rms. I listen to mostly rock and rap. But mostly rock.

All ill be running are front components and the sub. I was wondering if in a ported box, the sub would still sound good if crossed over at around 120hz and then have the components take over from there. Since I heard the dcon shines more in on the lows than upper range.

btw, nice camry wagon. My first car was a 94 corolla which is what got me into car audio. I love seeing setups on older toyotas and camrys.

power sounds good. crossing over at 120hz is pretty high. i would think your components should be able to play down to 100 hz pretty well, unless they're smaller then 5.25" or installed badly). i would start the sub at around 80 hz and play around, up and down. underlapping is fine (can explain this more if you dont understand).

the tuning of the ported box will determine the response of the subwoofer. for rock and rap i would just follow the recommended tuning.

another idea would be to use pvc ports, start out with a 30hz tuning, and raise the tuning by removing port length.

The Dcon or Fi X would shine on that ZX400.1. I can not speak on trying to get subs to play up to 120hz as I've never crossed mine even close to that. What are your goals for this setup?

Yea the DCON definitely slams the lows. But it plays the highs very well also.

I have mine tuned to 32hz. And its a very nice flat response.

And thanks man. I love Toyota. I also have another Camry. Same everything as the wagon except its a 2door coupe.

Im planning on doing 8 15" ZCONs in the wagon. :) should be loud. Haha

Could u explain underlapping? And also, dumb question, but what does full tilt mean. Ive heard it so much. Does that mean volume all the way up or something?

Yea the DCON definitely slams the lows. But it plays the highs very well also.

I have mine tuned to 32hz. And its a very nice flat response.

And thanks man. I love Toyota. I also have another Camry. Same everything as the wagon except its a 2door coupe.

Im planning on doing 8 15" ZCONs in the wagon. :) should be loud. Haha

Post pics when u do!

My goals for this setup are just to sound good. I dont care about numbers.

I'll usually be listening at normal to slightly high volumes with the occasional showing off to friends and stuff. But I dont care how many DB's I get.

I've decided the components will be either Morel Maximos or the incriminator audio set.

Uness I can only fit 5.25's, then I'll get crescendos.

Edited by Moofs

I really like my IA comp's, but I've never heard the Morel Maximos you speak of..