ex650

crx box help

hi guys im buying a 15 in btl n2 (i used to have a 12 btl n2 but some one rear ended me) but i was planning a box and i want a crx box....but i was curious if the sub placement is best over the back by the port or towards the front....just fyi i like the wow factor i doubt it will go on a meter...oh and the port is gonna be centered on the box with a soundstream 2000d

hi guys im buying a 15 in btl n2 (i used to have a 12 btl n2 but some one rear ended me) but i was planning a box and i want a crx box....but i was curious if the sub placement is best over the back by the port or towards the front....just fyi i like the wow factor i doubt it will go on a meter...oh and the port is gonna be centered on the box with a soundstream 2000d

oh i forgot its going in a 89 crx si

Depending on what you're trying to do it will depend, typically sub up port back is best.

But it all depends.

1st, it's a CRX don't get a 15". Get multiple 10"s or 12"s.

1st, it's a CRX don't get a 15". Get multiple 10"s or 12"s.

I wouldn't exactly say that.

I've seen successful single 15 setups using large external aeros.

but typically multiples work well.

for multiples two subs loading off the top of the hatch and 2 loading off the back of the hatch with external aeros works awesomely.

subs forward ports external back :peepwall: not so good for daily for practical reasons, but a crx is about the only car where this does work

well im planning on making it slot port i personally like the look of it than pvc pipe...and my plan was to do sub up and port back i just wasnt sure if it would sound better with the sub over the port in the back or with the sub closer to the front of the box.....im planning on putting in a second 15 in down the road i just gotta wait till build up some more money....but im no professional but i think two 15 would be loud as hell and look good doing it but thats just my opinion...im welcome to advice if 2 12'' or 2 15'' would sound louder