Sign in to follow this  
timsm80

Infinity Reference 860W

Anyone have anything good to say about this sub????I'm thinking about getting one or two. They will be ported!

They are lackluster mainstream subs, nothing fantastic about them.

<kappa

Harmon builds good equipment. They would be decent little subs for what they are. But they are entry level, limited displacement drivers....so performance is going to reflect that. Depending on system and budget constraints there may be better alternatives.

Hey Impious give me some suggestions plez??? $100 or less is my budget..ive looked at sundown and a ton others would like to spend a little less then a 100 if i can get a quality driver. Im a truck driver and im hardly home so i really dont want to put a lot of money into it. I already have a Rockfos P2d48 250 rms. but i feel theres a lot missing from what i could get out of an 8!! and its ported....thanks

Does it have to be an 8" driver? Do you have space restrictions you are working with?

Well since I already have a box for the 8 setup I already have I was just going to go with a better 8. Like I said I don't want to put a lot of money into it but now I wished I would have got a 10 or 12. But I was under the impression that the smaller the driver the better the quality. But I guess thats changed over the years.anyway if you want I could post all the 8s im looking into its like 6.

Is your box ported and ~.6 cubic feet?

Sundown builds amazing stuff, and has some of the best customer service in the industry, and that 8" sub gets tons of good reviews... Seems to fit your build perfectly and budget.

I would get in touch with Mike at Soundsplinter and see if he has anymore Orphan 8's, check them out here in this thread:

I would get in touch with Mike at Soundsplinter and see if he has anymore Orphan 8's, check them out here in this thread:

The issue with the orphan 8 will be impedance... Single 6 ohm coil... It is one hell of a sub and built by an American company.. I would kill to have some cash free up and try to get my hands on 6 of them.

The issue with the orphan 8 will be impedance... Single 6 ohm coil... It is one hell of a sub and built by an American company.. I would kill to have some cash free up and try to get my hands on 6 of them.

I forgot all about the impedence thing, nice catch.

OP what amplifier are you using for this setup?

Ill be getting a 425 watt at 2ohm Amp and is the sundown e8v2 any good??