srd150

speakers pop then voltage drop

Driving my truck with the radio at an inaudible level. Subs just pop. Kinda like an amp with no soft on/off feature. Went to the back and looked at the voltage meter on my rear fuseblock by the 2nd batt. Reads 10.38v. And my subs have engine noise now. What happened? Its a 1991 ramcharger. 318, 220 A alt. And a red and yellow top.

not enough info.. check your voltage at your alt,

are you fused, before and after your run to the rear?.

Have a 300A fuse between alt and front batt. And two, near each batt for front to rear. 1/0 for big 3 and for front to back. Amp is a Planet Audio AC5ooo.1d. Subs are two memphis mcp12s4. Deck is a jvc avx830. Ill xheck the alt as soon as the wife gets back with the truck.

Edited by srd150

Voltage is 14.6 in park from alt. until I tested the rear batt. It read around 11V.

Bad ground probably check all fuses before and after each one

That's what am thinking now. I opened my door for the dome light and speakers popped again. And the more engine noise.

That's what am thinking now. I opened my door for the dome light and speakers popped again. And the more engine noise.

Do this:

1. Grab a DMM
  2. Check voltage at Alt
  3. Check at Front battery
  4. Check at Rear run BEFORE and AFTER the fuse
  5. Check the run to the rear battery bank BEFORE and AFTER any fuses
  6. Check at Rear battery bank if applicable
  7. Check at Amplifier Before and after any fuses
  8. Report back

Sorry to thread jack ... But I really like that Ram Charger ... I just bought my son a 88 Dodge Ram Charger ...

We got alot of work to do to it ... But runs GREAT !!!

Do you have a link to a audio Build log so me and my son can brouse through it ??

Thank you ...

Randal

Sorry to thread jack ... But I really like that Ram Charger ... I just bought my son a 88 Dodge Ram Charger ...

We got alot of work to do to it ... But runs GREAT !!!

Do you have a link to a audio Build log so me and my son can brouse through it ??

Thank you ...

Randal

I do not have one yet. Right now I just have two 12's in P.O.S. box that leaks. I am planning on another box build starting this weekend or next. I have pics of my console build. Started on some lower door panels. Not a whole lot right now, have some other things to do to it before I get to really go to town on it. I have some info on where to get parts and such if you need them.

JULIAN..... I will check all that while I am messin with it this weekend.

Bad ground probably check all fuses before and after each one

Right on the money Jules. Checked it all. When I moved the wires near the back battery the V went up a bit. So I checked the + with my current ground and had 10.8V. Then ichecked it with a new point and 14.3. So I fixed it. now I have a .33V drop front to rear. It was causing a number of other things to go haywire too. Now, its louder, radio doesnt cut out, and no more engine noise or popping. i gots me a bit'o'flex now too(probably doesn't help that its 20 yeara old truck with no deadener). Thanks

No problem, typically that's the problem