Sign in to follow this  
ssh

2012 Black & White SSA Icons

I like the first one with the wood grain floor leading up to the driver. :)

nice photos stef... I would take some of mine but I don't want to remove it from the box.. lol..

Got anymore???

nice photos stef... I would take some of mine but I don't want to remove it from the box.. lol..

Got anymore???

I might try and take some more when I have more space and time. :)

I agree, #1 looks nice.

I think I'm gonna take some photos of my shoes and post them... Carlo Pazolinis!! .lol

Have you installed these yet? just curious to how they sound and whats your take on them? Reason asking sale maybe pending at this time so would just like to hear your input on them if you had the chance yet.

Have you installed these yet? just curious to how they sound and whats your take on them? Reason asking sale maybe pending at this time so would just like to hear your input on them if you had the chance yet.

I installed it this morning, sealed alignment, not too much output lost coming from the pair of 15" xcons in a ported setup, but the sound quality is just whole new level (partially the enclosure choice).

The icon sounds outstanding on everything I've played so far, at high listening volume there is no sound of stress on the driver, sq isn't diminished in any way.

This is one of my favorite songs to use for testing out midbass and bass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u5egl8vt64

Listening to it today with the icon was quite a shock, never have I heard such realism in my car or in any other car I've listened to. The quick drumming towards the end, double kick?, not sure the correct term, is awesome, I was grinning ear to ear for a solid five minutes. :lol:

As far as output, well my setup isn't geared for it, the driver is likely seeing well under 1200watts, relatively small sealed enclosure, but I'd be willing to bet that it's at least 144db sealed at the headrest on some content.

If I could switch this driver out for anything else on the market, I don't believe I would, perhaps that's ignorance on my part, but it's the best sounding setup I've heard (and I've heard a fair amount ;))

Oh and because I like to take pictures:

icon3.png

Shitty cell phone pic:

iconbox.jpg

Still deciding how I'm going to finish the enclosure.

I installed it this morning, sealed alignment, not too much output lost coming from the pair of 15" xcons in a ported setup, but the sound quality is just whole new level (partially the enclosure choice).

The icon sounds outstanding on everything I've played so far, at high listening volume there is no sound of stress on the driver, sq isn't diminished in any way.

This is one of my favorite songs to use for testing out midbass and bass:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9u5egl8vt64

Listening to it today with the icon was quite a shock, never have I heard such realism in my car or in any other car I've listened to. The quick drumming towards the end, double kick?, not sure the correct term, is awesome, I was grinning ear to ear for a solid five minutes. :lol:

As far as output, well my setup isn't geared for it, the driver is likely seeing well under 1200watts, relatively small sealed enclosure, but I'd be willing to bet that it's at least 144db sealed at the headrest on some content.

If I could switch this driver out for anything else on the market, I don't believe I would, perhaps that's ignorance on my part, but it's the best sounding setup I've heard (and I've heard a fair amount ;))

:fing34::fing34::fing34::fing34::fing34: