SMpaintball78

why are stetsom amps so pricy???

Hell, I have to laugh at Julian, as if Skar is the shizz. Oh I forgot to mention that their surrounds are at least. And even if AQ is cheap at least they have some knowledge compared to some of the fellas at the shizz company with good surrounds, which now claims they designs amps (& of from what country LOL).

If you want larger Class D amps, not many options, either South American or Korean. Then of course you could go with the Chinese and have the potential problems that might include.

Really don't see why South Korean amps of higher quality should be bashed, again you get what you pay for. They could probably make the cheasiest amps you want, but you could also get the best you want, made of the best components. Don't see anyone bashing the Samsung LED tv's, or their parts you see in Apple iphones etc.

Hell, I have to laugh at Julian, as if Skar is the shizz. Oh I forgot to mention that their surrounds are at least. And even if AQ is cheap at least they have some knowledge compared to some of the fellas at the shizz company with good surrounds, which now claims they designs amps (& of from what country LOL).

If you want larger Class D amps, not many options, either South American or Korean. Then of course you could go with the Chinese and have the potential problems that might include.

Really don't see why South Korean amps of higher quality should be bashed, again you get what you pay for. They could probably make the cheasiest amps you want, but you could also get the best you want, made of the best components. Don't see anyone bashing the Samsung LED tv's, or their parts you see in Apple iphones etc.

Lol! I never said they were? Not sure where you got that. I wasn't bashing them, I think it's funny how people think they are getting a good "deal" on an amplifier... Do you know how much it is to make an amplifier and ship it to the us from Korea? I know companies producing amplifiers off the shelf like many others for 2-3x they're selling tem for. So the whole "good price" is a load of absolute shit. I could start producing Amps for around 30k and be making profits without a doubt on every unit sold.

So get the fuck out of here

Also Kevin never said he was designing amplifiers he is providing them,

Dont forget the European amps dudes...to me they still have the best engineering and tone to them, but they are usually over priced and you quickly reach the point of diminishing return.

Cant beat a sundown for a nice rounded package though

I like turtles!!!

I like turtles!!!

Sir, I think you should get the award for having the largest signature on SSA !!! :drink40:

I like turtles!!!

Sir, I think you should get the award for having the largest signature on SSA !!! :drink40:

And you, for not using ... in a post.

I like turtles!!!

And you, for not using ... in a post.

Sorry Sir ... I do not understand ... Please explain ...

Also Kevin never said he was designing amplifiers he is providing them,

Guess you didn't see the whole post in here about his skills :lol2:

And talking about cost of amps, yeah one thing is what the actual cost is, then comes the fact of running a credible company that isn't just a basement and a dell laptop at your moms house. Also the fact that some companies actually do pay tooling, not just the heatsink, but actually the pcb as well, not so cheap there either.

Then you also have the companies who warrant their products and back it up with full support because they are companies and not just some ALIBABA scavengers.

And if you think a 10 USD profit is great on a 300 USD product, then again it shows that you must be living in a basement doing drop shipping of OEM stuff you just rebadged with a nice sticker you made yourself with some duct tape and a pen from wall mart.

But hey, then at least you can claim that you run Hand made American stuff

Edited by rubenen

Guys keep it civil. The OP asked a fair question. Lets not allow the drama with people are are not truly a part of this topic spoil it.

J

Japanese > American > Korean > Chinese

I fixed it for you.

I'd much rather have, for example, ZED > Sony.

Current product lineups, sure.

But Sony has a ton of amps in their history which are very high quality pieces of engineering using very high quality parts and construction. Hell, some of them still sell for several grand a piece....someone just posted a build log on here using a pair of them. With the engineering capabilities and capital of Sony they could dominate again fairly easily if they chose....the quantity and margins just aren't there in that market anymore, likely more profitable for them to stick with the more entry level gear they presently offer.

Very well said, this is an example when bean counters over power the enthusiasts at the company. I can't remember who had some of the old Mobile-ES units. Heck, people forget the pure gain blocks from Pioneer. :)

I like turtles!!!

:TMNT: