Sign in to follow this  
BigPun1982

New system... help me pick!

Hey fellas.

I just started back installing at Best Buy and have moved my old setup (Fi Q15 and Cadence iA7) to my winter truck. Its time to upgrade the 300C.

After getting a damn good accomodation price I am awaiting the arrival of a Kicker ZX1500.1

Details: 2007 Chrysler 300C, Big 3 upgrade, 160 amp alt., room for a 6.5 cf. box.

Want: More output then my Q15! Love the Q, just want it louder. I want to purchase a single 15" or 2 12"s for a budget of $500 or less. I am looking for a high output driver that is at least musical enough for daily listening. I did like the Q for the lows and would like to keep that in a higher output sub.

So far I am thinking of the following:

2 12" Kicker L7s (i can buy both for $250)

2 12" JBL Gti MKII (both for $480)

2 12" Sundown SAs ($390)

2 12" IA Lethal Injection ($380)

1 15" DD3500 ($549)

1 15" Sundown Audio Z v3 ($440)

1 15" SSA XCON ($389)

Any input on which of these choices would give me the groundpounder I am looking for being run off of the Kicker ZX1500.1???

IMO the new Fi SP4 is right down your alley

A 15 would be sure to please you

2 12s would have more cone area and more likely to be louder, and you seem to have plenty of room for them.

Have you considered the ssa icons? A pair of those would be very musical, but still have lots of output.

As to which is going to be better out of the following? :ughdunno:

I would not use the kickers or JBLS.

^This is terrible advice.

I have not seen the new Fi SP4. Thanks for the info, I will look into them!

I have looked at ICONs... cant remember why I ruled them out.

The reason I was looking at the Kicker and JBL subs is because I can get a ridiculous deal on them through the company for being an employee of Best Buy. The L7s get loud as hell but will another option get even louder??

I have not seen the new Fi SP4. Thanks for the info, I will look into them!

I have looked at ICONs... cant remember why I ruled them out.

The reason I was looking at the Kicker and JBL subs is because I can get a ridiculous deal on them through the company for being an employee of Best Buy. The L7s get loud as hell but will another option get even louder??

No one can say anything for certain, only testing will tell.

Those SP4s looks amazing! But I dont think my 1500 rms will be enough to get the most out of them.

Those SP4s looks amazing! But I dont think my 1500 rms will be enough to get the most out of them.

That's plenty of power, but your much more likely to yield more output with more cone area.

i think they will making 12" SP4s soon

That's not out of budget?

Sounds a bit overkill to me, unless he decided to take full advantage of them with a larger amplifier, battery reserve, etc.

ya i was just adding that in. its not really useful info for him though because, like you said, its out of budget but it would give him room to upgrade power since its inevitable in this hobby lmao.

all things considered, the icons do sound like the best choice

Dont forget IA, bromo just bumped those flatlynes he has for sell too

Edited by trod2902

all things considered, the icons do sound like the best choice

Dont forget IA, bromo just bumped those flatlynes he has for sell too

Great seller and some killer drivers, another good route. :)

I would not use the kickers or JBLS.

^This is terrible advice.

X2 the Gti is a very nice driver. If that's what you want don't let the fact that they're a big box brand discourage you.

Yeah my mistake, was early in the morning and felt like posting something.. Still not sure about all the good drivers out there. Still learning. xD

the kicker zx1500 is a solid ass amp. i used one for 3 years and LOVED it. ran it off a stock alt as well. im going to recomment the ssa zcon as far as sub. i just bought one my self and LOVE it. i have it in a 4.5cf ported box on 2600 watts and its very musical and very loud. great for the price also

best of luck to you

Why not look at what Kicker and JBL have to offer and run them? You get great pricing and then you can show off some of your skills to Best Buy and potential customers!