Sign in to follow this  
BigGeorge

Ported box for 2 Dcon 12"s

Hey, what would be an appropriate ported box and port length for 2 Dcon d4 12"s. I have ~ 1000 watts coming from a Rockford Fosgate 1051s. I did see the boxes listed in the tech section. I just wanted to make sure I read it correctly.

If the listed box sizes work I would recommend going with that design. Port size and length will be accurate.

Whats it going into?

System will be going into a 1983 Cutlass Supreme, cousin to the more popular Buick Grand National and Monte Carlo SS. Head unit is a Kenwood x994. Front stage Focal 165 v 30 bi-amped. Mids/highs amp (2) RF Power 551s. Subwoofers (possibly 2 x 12" Dcons). Sub amp is a RF Power 1051s. If there is anything else you guys need let me know.

I wasn't sure if having more than rated power would make the box specs change. ~ 1100 watts for the pair???

System will be going into a 1983 Cutlass Supreme, cousin to the more popular Buick Grand National and Monte Carlo SS. Head unit is a Kenwood x994. Front stage Focal 165 v 30 bi-amped. Mids/highs amp (2) RF Power 551s. Subwoofers (possibly 2 x 12" Dcons). Sub amp is a RF Power 1051s. If there is anything else you guys need let me know.

I wasn't sure if having more than rated power would make the box specs change. ~ 1100 watts for the pair???

If you use dcons you only need 600 wrms total.

If you plan to throw 1100 at the pair (would'nt recommend it) id shrink the box a bit, but it seems to me that that power would be better suited for either SA-12s or Obsidian 12s, or even skars. I don't think youll benefit much by by doubling the Dcons rms.