Sign in to follow this  
nicholasrhall

HIFONICS BRZ2400.1D fusing

Ok so i have a brz2400 that is rated to do 2400rms at 1 ohm.

my question is about the fusing of the amp, it has no internal fuses, jus the one under the hood for the power wire.

so with that said, would it be required to externally fuse the amp? and how would i go about doing this?

what would be the correct size fuses?

how many?

where to put them?

etc........

also what would be a good fuse to put under the hood for the amp power cable?

there is a 150 in the holder right now and it is zero gauge cable, is that good enough? if not, what would be a recommended size for that with my amp?

i am building my system for 2 12 xcons in my tc and i want to do it right the first time so i wont have problems later on.

Nick.

1/0 power and ground cable is fine. You should run a fuse on the power cable within ~18" or so of the amp. A 150 amp fuse should suffice.

I always try to keep them as close to the batteries as I can when running battery <-> battery and closer to the amp if running battery <-> amp. Hope this makes sense, I've just about had it, I'm going down....

Bout time u got on here! When u getting your xcons? Im ready to install...

Ohjay... 18" from either the amp or batt right?

im maybe ordering the xcons this week or next.

aight, so i have a 150 amp 12 inches from the battery. i jus need to install another one at the amp side too?

thats what i was thinking, i jus wanted someone elses input before i order the stuff.

Edited by NickHall

product manual says external fusing, 250 amps for the brz2400, I would put one 250 amps fuse as close to the amp (around 10 or 15 inches, thats just me).

The fuse under the hood is to protect the zero guage wire and rated for that wire, but I would use a 250 amps fuse there too, and it should be close to the battery approximately 18 inches or so...

product manual says external fusing, 250 amps for the brz2400, I would put one 250 amps fuse as close to the amp (around 10 or 15 inches, thats just me).

The fuse under the hood is to protect the zero guage wire and rated for that wire, but I would use a 250 amps fuse there too, and it should be close to the battery approximately 18 inches or so...

ok kool, thanks

well time to up the fusing a bit. also gonna get me a voltmeter while im at it.

ok kool, thanks

well time to up the fusing a bit. also gonna get me a voltmeter while im at it.

Both good ideas. Do you have the big 3 done? That will help alot as well.

Yea. He has the big 3 done. But stock alt and batt as of now. We are gonna put a batt in the back and see how it goes. Then if needed... a new alt.

Yea. He has the big 3 done. But stock alt and batt as of now. We are gonna put a batt in the back and see how it goes. Then if needed... a new alt.

Yeah, that's the way I do it. If the stock alt charges both batts fine and your not droppin below 12-12.5 full tilt then eff the HO alt imo.

Yeah, that's the way I do it. If the stock alt charges both batts fine and your not droppin below 12-12.5 full tilt then eff the HO alt imo.

ill probably still do the alt upgrade eventually, im wanting to get another brz2400 in the future(after i finish front an rear stage), then i could run 1700 rms to each sub. idk if jus batts could handle that.

I always try to keep them as close to the batteries as I can when running battery <-> battery and closer to the amp if running battery <-> amp. Hope this makes sense, I've just about had it, I'm going down....

You always want the fuse as close to the battery as possible. There's no reason to fuse near the amp, the fuse near the battery will protect the rest of the circuit (wire and amp).

The underhood fuse near the battery will double as the external fusing for the amplifier. Choose the fuse size accordingly.

You always want the fuse as close to the battery as possible. There's no reason to fuse near the amp, the fuse near the battery will protect the rest of the circuit (wire and amp).

The underhood fuse near the battery will double as the external fusing for the amplifier. Choose the fuse size accordingly.

ok, thanks