QuinnyGT

Info on this Beast??

I'm looking to go with a 6th order bandpass for the rebuild in my car, so I'm looking at designs on youtube, this BEAST has caught my eye:

Anyone got any sort of info on this??

From the brief look it looks like a 4th order bandpass.

its hard to tell by looking but the vid description say a 6th order.

The last, I mean the absolute last place, you should look at for box building is youtube. You are better off finding a homeless person and asking him for pointers... Seriously.

impossible to look at a 4th order and a 6th order from the outside and say what it is.. you must be able to see inside or ask the man who built it or designed it....

do you know that difference between a 6th and 4th band pass?

The last, I mean the absolute last place, you should look at for box building is youtube. You are better off finding a homeless person and asking him for pointers... Seriously.

I wasn't looking for box building off this video lol, I was looking at videos of 6th orders to see what kind of noise they can make!! Does anyone know whereI could find a build log of that said truck in the Video?? Or builds to any 6th orders for that matter?

6th orders have to be dead on balls accurate for them to ever sound good. If You mess it up at all it will likely sound like shit.

You should start with some reading on the 6th order design theory before attempting. No reason to waste a bunch of money just to "try something" or "move more air" etc.

I am looking for as much info as I can before I go to do ANYTHING in my car ;) I do realise that these need to be precise otherwise they will be an EPIC fail. But I want to give it a try. Its good to be different

I have sat in this vehicle and they claim it is a series tuned 6th order bandpass. They also claim there was no math or T/S parameters involved when calculating the enclosure.

The sub woofers are 2 15" UFO style BTL's with Sundown NS soft parts. They guys name is Tom Tucker and the enclosure was built by Top Dog Audio in Washburn Iowa.

That always instills a ton of confidence....

really bad idea unless you REALLY know what you're doing

otherwise you'll buy stock in recones because you'll keep tearing surrounds/spiders and burning tinsel leads up because the subs unload so easy

That always instills a ton of confidence....

Hey, it looks loud, so they must know what their doing! :suicide-santa:

I pass on bandpass. :P Heck I have seen some mega numbers done on sealed walls with a loading wall in front of the drivers.

yeah i say pass on a 6th order..

Hey buddy, Not all homeless people are idiots ;)