SMpaintball78

installed all the 0 gauge today and something's not right...

yeah, so today after work, i installed all my 0 gauge wiring from that 5 gauge that was in there before. i also went from the little 60 amp fuse under the hood to a 250 amp fuse. now before the switch, everything sounded good. nice stead, clean bass. but ever since i put in the 0 gauge wire, it gets louder, then softer and loud again and doesnt sound very clean. i messed with the setting on the amp to see if anything had changed and still got the same results. any ideas on what this could be? i also installed new RCA's if that matters.

loose connection somewhere? :ughdunno:

loose connection

did you sand down your ground connections

check your fuses for continuity

Sounds like a loss of signal to me or short in the RCAs or loose connectors, etc. . .

I would check the RCA connections first, if they seem good, play some music and push against/slightly wiggle them and see if that effects output. :hay:

ok thanks guys. ill re-check all my connections tomorrow and get back with u all

sounds like a loose connection on the rca's or somewhere...

Does sound like an Rca issue however if you did not touch them when replacing the power wire and ground I would look at them first. I had a similar expierence ended up being a loose crimp on my ground wire it was still making a connection just loose. Could even be loose at the battery. If you have a extra set of rca try that as well. Let us know what happens.

yep just go thru all the wires and check for anything loose

well i found the problem, the ground connection wasnt very good so i took off the ringterminal, sanded the shit out of it, and threw it back on and sounds fine. very powerful clean bass again :)

Awesome..... it's amazing how often it's something simple like that...

good shyt bro!!!

Awesome..... it's amazing how often it's something simple like that...

yeah i know haha. im just glad it was something simple like that and that i didnt have to pull my HU out to look at the RCA's and stuff.