lamchop_8

Sign the Petition!!

Everyone on this FORUM do this! Share to friends on Facebook, Twitter ETC. :google::thanx::404:

Google.jpg

Millions of Americans oppose SOPA and PIPA because these bills would censor the Internet and slow economic growth in the U.S.

Two bills before Congress, known as the Protect IP Act (PIPA) in the Senate and the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the House, would censor the Web and impose harmful regulations on American business. Millions of Internet users and entrepreneurs already oppose SOPA and PIPA.

The Senate will begin voting on January 24th. Please let them know how you feel. Sign this petition urging Congress to vote NO on PIPA and SOPA before it is too late!

Tell Congress: Don’t censor the Web

Fighting online piracy is important. The most effective way to shut down pirate websites is through targeted legislation that cuts off their funding. There’s no need to make American social networks, blogs and search engines censor the Internet or undermine the existing laws that have enabled the Web to thrive, creating millions of U.S. jobs.

Too much is at stake – please vote NO on PIPA and SOPA.

https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mQI6r_kc3ZE

More about SOPA and PIPA

Members of Congress are trying to do the right thing by going after pirates and counterfeiters but SOPA and PIPA are the wrong way to do it.

1. SOPA and PIPA would censor the Web

The U.S. government could order the blocking of sites using methods similar to those employed by China. Among other things, search engines could be forced to delete entire websites from their search results. That’s why 41 human rights organizations and 110 prominent law professors have expressed grave concerns about the bills.

2. SOPA and PIPA would be job-killers because they would create a new era of uncertainty for American business

Law-abiding U.S. internet companies would have to monitor everything users link to or upload or face the risk of time-consuming litigation. That’s why AOL, EBay, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Mozilla, Twitter, Yahoo and Zynga wrote a letter to Congress saying these bills “pose a serious risk to our industry’s continued track record of innovation and job-creation.” It’s also why 55 of America’s most successful venture capitalists expressed concern that PIPA “would stifle investment in Internet services, throttle innovation, and hurt American competitiveness”. More than 204 entrepreneurs told Congress that PIPA and SOPA would “hurt economic growth and chill innovation”.

3. SOPA and PIPA wouldn’t stop piracy

To make matters worse, SOPA and PIPA won’t even work. The censorship regulations written into these bills won’t shut down pirate sites. These sites will just change their addresses and continue their criminal activities, while law-abiding companies will suffer high penalties for breaches they can’t possibly control.

There are effective ways to combat foreign “rogue” websites dedicated to copyright infringement and trademark counterfeiting, while preserving the innovation and dynamism that have made the Internet such an important driver of American economic growth and job creation. Congress should consider alternatives like the OPEN Act, which takes targeted and focused steps to cut off the money supply from foreign pirate sites without making US companies censor the Web.

Edited by Randy.D

I signed it

I wrote a letter to my congressman 2 months ago. Y'all behind. lol

I signed it

I wrote a letter to my congressman 2 months ago. Y'all behind. lol

:thanx::fing34: Spreads this 2 others like AIDS! U cant even use Wikipedia right now. :404:

Contacted 3 reps at midnight

Contacted 3 reps at midnight

Cool. Thanks bro. A lot of people are doing the same. So by THE being said everything should stay the same :woot:

signed. without the internet i cant watch shit like this ---------> :suicide-santa:

signed. without the internet i cant watch shit like this ---------> :suicide-santa:

HYFR!

i did a few others... this shit gets me so pissed off.. i can not believe that the US is even THINKING about this shit.

and now some of my favorite sites are down all day! MOTHER FUCKER!

I signed it. If this thing passes I'm moving to Canada

i did a few others... this shit gets me so pissed off.. i can not believe that the US is even THINKING about this shit.

and now some of my favorite sites are down all day! MOTHER pucker!

I know man same hur. Basically the whole world uses the internet. Wat other sites are down? I kno wikipedia is

signed.

Thank you guys

that wont solve it... any company that is based in the US will suffer. so no matter where you live in the world if the site you want to look at is based in the US. your fucked.

police state cocksuckers.

that wont solve it... any company that is based in the US will suffer. so no matter where you live in the world if the site you want to look at is based in the US. your fucked.

Either way we'll still have COD! PS3 :ak2::suicide-santa:

:snipersmilie::wackit2::biggun:

Edited by Randy.D

LOL, I play COD on PS3 every now and then. I'm also from STL, but moved to OKC. I still go back to STL for various visits and to see family.

As a side note I have been very active with local members in the OK government about this. Even had a few meets a week or so ago. In some cases a simple explanation of what will really be lost goes a long way with some. Google would be a large loss as would sites like craigslist.org and far more others.

It would directly affect my business as many others out there. Personally after some of the talks I had with various individuals, I do not for see this getting to far. Several people in "key positions" have strong ties to companies that would have a direct and immediate negative affect.

Edited by pro-rabbit

Either way we'll still have COD! PS3 :ak2::suicide-santa:

:snipersmilie::wackit2::biggun:

until the government says that those are not longer valid for us to enjoy either...

We had all better hope SOPA/PIPA doesn't pass because I know for damned sure this forum will be gone in a heartbeat

*stares at the IHoP thread*

I've tried signing it but keep getting an error. :suicide-santa:

Edit: Tried going directly to my representatives site and it won't load. I wonder if they've received so much traffic that it's crashed?

Edited by Dan208