HawkEye

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT Build

Hey all.Im starting to receive parts in the mail so I figured I would start a build log.It is my first shot at a build log so bear with me lol.

So my car is a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT.I will be using the following equipment.

4 DC 10" Level 3 m2 Subs WIth Level 4 Upgrades

1 DC 5K amp

1 Michael Singer 250Amp High Output Alternator

Kenwood Excelon KDC x994 Head Unit

DC Creations Custom Enclosure

Still Trying To Decide On Which/How Many Batteries To Get

Lots Of 1/0 Guage

Stock Door Speakers For Now

I have the head unit installed but I didn't take any pics of the install because I wasn't planning on doing a build log lol.Ive got the amp and alternator also.Here are some pics of the car and equipment I have so far

Car

2012-01-18_14-12-42_1.jpg

Head Unit After Install

2012-01-18_14-13-32_11.jpg

Amp

2012-01-14_12-14-39_932.jpg

Alternator

2012-01-18_14-03-51_232.jpg

Where The Subs Are Going

2012-01-18_14-14-14_401.jpg

Thats all I have for now.Stay Tuned as I will update as I get parts and install them :dancing:

Edited by HawkEye

Lookin good so far bro. If I was u I would get 2 or 3 xs power d3100 batteries.

Chit mang! Clean pics for the win. Good grab on the DC Audio amp and alt! The h/u install looks tight as well.

I have to admit, I am not a big endorser of multiple batteries. What impedance are wiring up your 4 10"ers to the amp? This is a daily setup, right?

Chit mang! Clean pics for the win. Good grab on the DC Audio amp and alt! The h/u install looks tight as well.

I have to admit, I am not a big endorser of multiple batteries. What impedance are wiring up your 4 10"ers to the amp? This is a daily setup, right?

Yes this is a daily setup for the most part. I do plan on competing this summer when i can. I got dual 2ohm subs so i can wire them down to 1 ohm. Ive never had a setup this big so im still not sure how many batteries i need. I was thinking about a couple of xs d3100's or something similar. Also i was thinking instead of 2 runs of 1/0 guage i would do just a single run of like 2/0 welding wire or something.

Yes this is a daily setup for the most part. I do plan on competing this summer when i can. I got dual 2ohm subs so i can wire them down to 1 ohm. Ive never had a setup this big so im still not sure how many batteries i need. I was thinking about a couple of xs d3100's or something similar. Also i was thinking instead of 2 runs of 1/0 guage i would do just a single run of like 2/0 welding wire or something.

I would definitely do two runs of 1/0 both pos and neg. 4 run runs total. Utilize the most of you HO alt and reduce the need for power storage capacity near the amps. IMO you will be fine with the biggest XS Power battery to replace your starting battery and a D3400 mounted near the amp. This will give the DC 5.0K the power it needs for burbs at engine idle and the additional wiring to supply the 5.0K for daily driving commutes.

Ok cool. So do i need to make a hole in the firewall for each run or can i run all of them through the same hole? Its a noob question but i am still learning as i go with all this lol.

U can run them thru same hole..

And ya do 2 runs of 1/0.. 2 runs of 1/0 is bigger than 1 run of 2/0

Edited by 14K

Ok cool. So do i need to make a hole in the firewall for each run or can i run all of them through the same hole? Its a noob question but i am still learning as i go with all this lol.

No man. Look at your possible routes and choose one that is best. 4 runs IMO are best under the vehicle but done in a manner that will never be an electrical or fire hazard. Repeat NEVER AN ELECTRICAL OR FIRE HAZARD.

hhhmmmmmm... This was a built off a design supplied to me. Should work out rather well though.

IMAG0648.jpg

No hating on the pic...I carpeted it at home while watching the playoffs lol... :D

I actually do this a lot so I don't spend all my time at the shop.

Edited by pro-rabbit

I'm getting excited now, I hope this one moves along quickly. The underhood battery compartment is not very big, I'm pretty sure a Kinetik 1400 is too big so your choices are fairly limited there. You have plenty of room in the rear though in the spare tire well for at least a couple hundred AH of reserve .

hhhmmmmmm... This was a built off a design supplied to me. Should work out rather well though.

No hating on the pic...I carpeted it at home while watching the playoffs lol... :D

Do you have any carpeting tips?

Do you have any carpeting tips?

There are a ton of ways to carpet. Basically you have to find one that works with your skill level and the choice of material you use.

If you are using a bright color or other thicker materials to wrap an enclosure with, then it is best to inset the side panels 1/4" or even to rabbit cut them to help "hide" the seem as it won't be easy to do. If you are using a more basic carpet like the one on this enclosure you, if you use a very sharp knife and are steady with your hand you can seem right across the middle of the enclosure and no one will ever know.

I run 5k off of two d3100s with 190 amp alt and I'm good.

Thanks to rabbit for the awesome looking enclosure!My subs shipped out yesterday and will be here friday so im stoked to get both!!

As far as batts im probaly going to get a pair of d3100's and see how it goes with those.Im thinking of getting tsunami 1/0 wiring becasue i have used it before and really liked it.What do you guys think I should go with tsunami or something else?

welding cable

welding cable

Ok. Where can i go to get some? Isn't it like weldingsupply.com or something?

I might have some laying around actually. Let me check the "scrap" area and see what I have...how long of a section do you need?

There are plenty of sites that sell welding cable, I use weldingsupply.com

I might have some laying around actually. Let me check the "scrap" area and see what I have...how long of a section do you need?

Well I need 4 runs of about 12ft each.Let me konw if you have any and ill buy it from you most likely.

welding cable

Ok. Where can i go to get some? Isn't it like weldingsupply.com or something?

That's where I get mine.

Do you guys get the ultraflex wire or just the regular wire?Is the regular wire still pretty flexable?

I get the regular wire, all 1/0 I have used has been flexible. Even welding supply's 4/0 is flexible

I get the regular wire, all 1/0 I have used has been flexible. Even welding supply's 4/0 is flexible

I also use the regular stuff, it has been plenty flexible for everything I have needed it for so far.