Sign in to follow this  
harvester51

new subs?

Hello everybody im just looking for some new subs and as of now i i have 2 10 kicker l3 running off a dx 1000.1 and its fairly loud but i want more and i was thinking about 1 12 kicker l7 but i am open to suggestions and i dont want just pure spl but i do want it loud and its in a single cab ford so i dont have alot of room just need some suggestions

Budget? Space available?

Well budgets not really an issue but i got about 10 -11in behind the seat and u would like to keep my amp

I'm going to recommend SSA Icon or SSA Xcon. Each are available in a 10" or 12". How much cubic feet are available?

Im not really sure but i am going to be using all of the space behind the the seat ill try to get some measurements later

Ok i got some measurements length of box can be 55 in top width 7in bottom width can be 10in so i dont know how many cubes that is but these are the dimensions

Okay i found a couple of subs that i want your thoughts on everyone the 3 i narrowed it down to are the xcon 12 l7 12 or fi bl 12 which of these 3 do you guys think will perform best with the dimensions i have tuned to about 33-35 hertz

Maybe it's just me and I'm having a bit of trouble comprehending, could you post the dimensions again, maybe like this example? 40W x 21H x 15TD, 10BD

The ones I recommended. XCON or ICON

All I heard was good things about ssa. I'm thinking about getting a zcon. Ive heard an l7 and I just don't like the way it sounds and I've also heard my friends 15 bl and it sounded pretty good and got decently loud

So you think the xcon would be a better choice over the bl and l7 any reasons for suggesting the xcon over the other two? Better quality or what

The BL or XCON would be good choices.

I agree with deyoung, get the xcon. All of ssa products are top quality.

Well the xcon is two steps up from the dcon. Ssa also told me it would be ok running 1k to an xcon even though it states 1750 rms. 1k would get it moving.

Your goal is to get loud and sound good. With the proper enclosure MOST subwoofers can do this.

Well the xcon is two steps up from the dcon. Ssa also told me it would be ok running 1k to an xcon even though it states 1750 rms. 1k would get it moving.

Currently I have 400wrms going to my XCON 10". It sounds great and is suprisingly "loud" on such low power. When I finish my install I will have ~1200wrms going to it. Again, enclosure and install are going to be a huge part on how the subwoofer performs.

The only thing about the xcon is would it slap the back of my seat or could i use a kicker grill or would it hit the grill because of all of the xmax because i think im goinh with the xcon or bl

Are you going to be building a new enclosure for the new woofer? If there is a chance of hitting the back of the seat, mount the sub on the top of the box

Well i cant build the box that way because its a single cab truck and im not building it my audio shop is