EPerez

How to build a wall

I've been looking at peoples builds that involve walls. My question is could you just build a box and stand it up to facing forward then seal it off? How come you have to secure the box so much when its walled but when you have it laying normal it doesn't have to be?

Your enclosure should always be secured.

I've been looking at peoples builds that involve walls. My question is could you just build a box and stand it up to facing forward then seal it off? How come you have to secure the box so much when its walled but when you have it laying normal it doesn't have to be?

Do you not understand what would happen in a car accident? All enclosures should be secured.

I didn't mean for it to be it shouldnt lol but as much. Couldn't I just take a box stand it up and face it forward though and just seal it off or is it a whole different way you have to set it up for having it walled?

I didn't mean for it to be it shouldnt lol but as much. Couldn't I just take a box stand it up and face it forward though and just seal it off or is it a whole different way you have to set it up for having it walled?

Depending on your car yes you can, larger vehicles you can build it outside of the car and place it in and finish it.

but it MUST be secured down.

Depending on your car yes you can, larger vehicles you can build it outside of the car and place it in and finish it.

but it MUST be secured down.

Ok because I have a trailblazer and I was thinking about it with 2 18s so I guess that's a possible option for me. Thank you.

An enclosure that large, a wall, is bigger than a street box.

It is heavier, holds more weight, has more internal volume and is intended to get loud.

All of these keys require a more sturdy support on anchoring it down.

My wall i'm building is anchored to the floor, both side wall frames of the car and will be anchored in the back to the floor and side walls as well.

It's to also help with flexing. The less flex the wall does, the louder it will be.

See I don't want to do that, I just wanted to do 2 xcon 18s off around 2500 rms.

Then don't do two 18's.. or possibly die.

What you wanna do is equivalent to turboing a car and arguing about not needing better brakes...

The bigger you go.. the more responsibility you have.

I would definitely secure it down though! I just dont want to drill the whole wall to the frame.

What you wanna do is equivalent to turboing a car and arguing about not needing better brakes...

The bigger you go.. the more responsibility you have.

what brakes? who uses those any more anyways! l;) lol jk! but good analogy

O.k. let's think here for a minute...

If you're traveling in a vehicle at 50mph and suddenly come to a stop due to an accident whether it's your fault or not, the loose items in your vehicle can AND will continue traveling at 50mph until they slow down, or hit something(you, your seat, the windshield, or whatever).

Now imagine, if you will, a 50+lb enclosure pinning you between the steering wheel. You'll be lucky if you survive.

Please secure all enclosures for your safety

O.k. let's think here for a minute...

If you're traveling in a vehicle at 50mph and suddenly come to a stop due to an accident whether it's your fault or not, the loose items in your vehicle can AND will continue traveling at 50mph until they slow down, or hit something(you, your seat, the windshield, or whatever).

Now imagine, if you will, a 50+lb enclosure pinning you between the steering wheel. You'll be lucky if you survive.

Please secure all enclosures for your safety

:thanx:

I would definitely secure it down though! I just dont want to drill the whole wall to the frame.

just screw/bolt the floor of the wall to the ground/false floor...

if you dont like that idea then maybe you shouldnt be doing a wall ;)

if u do that.. u better bolt the shit out of it.. epoxy resin it in place as well..