Sign in to follow this  
Micah Horton

What do you think about type Rs?

What is all of your opinions on Alpine type Rs? In my town it is the craze

They can get very loud in a properly designed and constructed enclosure.

dont bother, better subs can be had for cheaper.... give me a budget price and i can recommend u something

I was just curious, i am getting a Dcon 15 :gift:

I was just curious, i am getting a Dcon 15 :gift:

um..... ok.....

for pure spl... type Rs are beast for the price

I believe the alpine type r is actually very fairly priced for its class. Considering it is a mainstream driver. A few of my friends have them and have had no problems what so ever.

dont bother, better subs can be had for cheaper.... give me a budget price and i can recommend u something

Better in what regard?

Those are my thoughts as well. If nothing else, they're a solid and proven performing sub. That being said, I'm not one to go using the same things that everyone around me uses, so I would personally use something different if everyone around you is using the Type R's but that's just me. I like being different.

They are good, but then again they are alpines mainstream.. Personally i do not like them but i would have to say there r good for a first time system and u can find them veryyy cheap online.. U can get a whole for less then 300$..

Its just that the quality isnt good, nd they dont really hit lows good or even highs.. Lets jus say its boomboooomboomzzzzzzzzzzz no surprising '' ah ha's! ''

Aswell i like to be different. This kid in my school is putting 2 type Rs in his s10 for his senior project he said he has hit 143db in his subaru with the same subs

Its just that the quality isnt good, nd they dont really hit lows good or even highs.. Lets jus say its boomboooomboomzzzzzzzzzzz no surprising '' ah ha's! ''

It's all about the enclosure, not the sub. You have obviously never heard one in a good enclosure.

yep, couple yrs ago, my buddy broke a 150 in his truck with 2 on 6kw(i'm pretty sure he was still using 6kw at the time, do not know wiring load though)

Based on what criteria?

The new models appear to be good subs, especially when you consider they are only $250 MSRP which is pretty reasonable for a well performing sub in general, much less a "mainstream" brand. Klippel graphs are all pretty linear, reasonable parameters, decent amount of Xmax. Alpine paid attention to pretty much the right things when designing them. I would run one.

We put one in a 08 sequoia in the box they sell it in and it gets down pretty good for a 8 in and sounds great to me.

yep, couple yrs ago, my buddy broke a 150 in his truck with 2 on 6kw(i'm pretty sure he was still using 6kw at the time, do not know wiring load though)

Mark Potts did 150db dbdrag style on an Orion 2500D (running off 16V) with almost no testing in a Blazer. This was long before he turned into a giant douchebag.

Type r's are hard if not impossible to beat for the price. One of my first setups was two type r 12's, and for the money I spent I was very happy.