Well I've decided on getting an XS D3400 for a second battery in the back of my escape. I currently have 4 gauge going back there, would that be enough or should I go for 0 gauge? I could always upgrade the wire down the road if I have to, but for now I'm only running 1500 watts.

I would def. Get 0 gauge for all your power wire. I wouldn't use 4 gauge for very long a length from the battery to amp. If it's not too long you can get away with it fine. But if you're upgrading everything else may as well upgrade that run as well.

Well I've decided on getting an XS D3400 for a second battery in the back of my escape. I currently have 4 gauge going back there, would that be enough or should I go for 0 gauge? I could always upgrade the wire down the road if I have to, but for now I'm only running 1500 watts.

I think you will be fine, but if doubting, instead of scrapping the 4ga...Just add another run of 4ga if you can fit it.

If you plan on running more power in the future you should upgrade. Just incase you haven't completed the "big 3" I would highly recommend doing that.