I have been looking for differant deals to pop up for an amplifier for my next build. For power, I am looking for something close to 1kw at 2 ohm, doesn't have to be exact. The sundown sax-1200d has been an option for me from the beginning. Recently, I noticed that the Stetsom V 1K5 is on sale for pretty close to the same price as the sax-1200d. After alot of research, it appears to me that stetsom amplifiers are pretty good, reliable etc... As far as customer service, I'm sure that sundown would win that category.

Either of these two amplifiers would be at the top of my budget. Would I lose anything by going with the Stetsom V 1K5? I know it is capable of a little more power output and I like the smaller size of it, but that is irrelevant if the thing blows up in a year or so and I am unable to get any service for it.

Would the Stetsom V 1K5 be a reliable amp? I already know that sundown is I am currently running their gear. I am just looking for a little more information about stetsom I guess.

Thanks

Either will work fine. Both are vendors here so you're able to get ahold of them fairly easy. I've never dealt with them personally, but I've never seen anything bad about Stetsom's CS.

Pick the one that better fits your budget and build. Both are reputable companies, as far as i know.

Edited by watts09

sundown FTW

You will see a lot of bashing on the stetsom amps to be honest, I assume, butit seems your interested. Imo, I dont think you can go wrong either way. If space is an issue, I would choose the stetsom. If you like Big Black things, I would go with the SD, their CS is top notch from what I hear, and a lot of ppl run their equipment, which isnt a bad thing, but I tend to try and stick out the crowd a bit. At the end, its a toss up really.

its not bashing if its true.

Your just going to get biased opinions. I've had bad experiences with both companies. Your better off with sundown, there more active in the forum if you needed help.

What sort of bashing is going on about stetsom amplifiers? And I do love me some sundown, but I don't mind trying something differant either. The subs I will be running are Dayton RSS265-4 HO. I know, not the typical woofers used here. I also know that they wont handle huge power and I don't intend on running much more then 300 watts to each on in this install. I just like overhead and I tend to buy equipment with the intent to upgrade later on. Do I need the large output amps? No not at all, but I don't mind spending a little more and just gaining down the amp.

So this thread is purely for thoughts about stetsom. Are they reliable? Do they do rated? etc..

And ya, Sundown FTW!!! but still... :peepwall:

If you are asking strictly about stetsom now, just do a lot of googling, a lot of different views out there ya know. It depends on what is reliable to you. Running @ .25 ohms on 9 volts than no.

Do they do rated, yes. At 13.6v

Either will work fine. Both are vendors here so you're able to get ahold of them fairly easy. I've never dealt with them personally, but I've never seen anything bad about Stetsom's CS.

Pick the one that better fits your budget and build. Both are reputable companies, as far as i know.

+1