Briggiboy33

alright this is the box im planning to make.

im making a box for 2 kenwood 12s. so far im kinda lost on how to make it but this is my design. 25x25x40 that will give me 3.5 cuft thats inner dimensions. i was thinking i put the port inside? the port would be 25x3 and it needs to be about 45 inches to make it 33hz. what dou you guys think? am i off to a good start? bad start? and input would be greatly accepted.

first your port cant be 25x3, if you use .75in mdf or other wood, you can have a max of 23.5in.

Aero port!

first your port cant be 25x3, if you use .75in mdf or other wood, you can have a max of 23.5in.

I already stated those are my inner dimensions...

Reading fail...

Would 2 2" PVC ports be enough for one 12? It would be 10 inches long each but would be inside the box. I already made this... Just havnt glued all the pieces yet. It's 1.5 cuft not accounting for the 2 10" ports inside... Would this work or is it not enough port area?... I was a bit worried about it

im making a box for 2 kenwood 12s. so far im kinda lost on how to make it but this is my design. 25x25x40 that will give me 3.5 cuft thats inner dimensions. i was thinking i put the port inside? the port would be 25x3 and it needs to be about 45 inches to make it 33hz. what dou you guys think? am i off to a good start? bad start? and input would be greatly accepted.

Your measurments are way off if I'm looking at it correctly.

Your correct. I changed the dimensions to about 21.5x10x something....dnt remember but it gave me just about 1.5 cuft. Sorry for the confusion

Would 2 2" PVC ports be enough for one 12? It would be 10 inches long each but would be inside the box. I already made this... Just havnt glued all the pieces yet. It's 1.5 cuft not accounting for the 2 10" ports inside... Would this work or is it not enough port area?... I was a bit worried about it

No it wouldn't be enough for most 12's in car audio.

1 4inch port is the minimum i would recommend.

Do you think two 3" ports would work?

Yes, that would be about the same as 1 4inch port.

Be sure to recalculate the lenght, because 1 port needs a different length then 2 ports combined, and off course the port area has changed so lenght will be different.

So on the port calculators it says like for 2 three inch ports the length needs to be like 24" or something.. Is that for both ports or is that as a whole?

Usually it will mean each.

Why does it get longer with each port you add?

More port area = Longer port length.

So two 2.75inch square ports prob would be too small to right? =/ I may end up just trying it and see what happens.

What subs do you have? What are your max dimensions?

Alpine type E 12" box can be 25" wide and everything is not a problem.

Any help I'd be very greatful. Iv tried google sketchup with no luck... it was too much work. So I made a 1.5 cuft box and was gunna putports on it.

If you just put the port in the box, that will take up volume in the box. It will not be a 1.5 ft3 box.

Sketchup sucks, next time try a 2d cad program. cadstd is very simple.

As far as the box what are you using to model it? You need to size the ports for the amount of power used. It is easiest to use WinISD for this, you can find it on Facebook. That should be able to answer your questions about how big the port needs to be.

Sketchup sucks, next time try a 2d cad program. cadstd is very simple.

As far as the box what are you using to model it? You need to size the ports for the amount of power used. It is easiest to use WinISD for this, you can find it on Facebook. That should be able to answer your questions about how big the port needs to be.

Thank you for that. Iv really just been going off of whatever someone says is "good enough" for my port. But is the cadstd Free to use?

cadstd is free. WinISD has a learning curve, so if you use it and get your driver loaded post again with your questions.

Edited by Duane