Briggiboy33

Should i amp my front or rear 6.5s?

I have an old 2 channel amp that i wAnt to put in my truck. Should it go on tye front door 6.5s or on the back door 6.5s? My sub is in the back seat also... But what would sound better? Iv been told the back would sound better... But i feel the front would. What do you guys think? They are the kicker ds series 6.5s and its like a 40rms amp or so per channel... Coment please!

The front for sure.

Alright. Um... Could you or someone explain how to get the high input for my amp? And any tips for wiring the door? Iv only wired amps for subs before...

Def the fronts. Most will say that the rears are not necessary at all but i feel they add a nice balance, atleast in my truck. As for wiring them, do you know if your amp is capable of accepting high level inputs? High level inputs are speaker level inputs. it allows you to put an already amplified signal from the head unit into the amp. You wire it from the speaker outputs on your headunit. If your not sure, post what amp it is that you have and this will help. Also what head unit. Depending on your head unit, adding an amp thats 40w RMS may offer no improvement.

Why is your sub enclosure on your rear seat ???

He man mean under

Well obviously power it to the front speakers. Running more power to the back ones would make no sense at all. Business up front party in the back only applies to mullets.

Well i took the back left seat out... Made a 2 or so cubic foot ported box tuned to 33 ish hz. But i have a 06 tundra access cab... No room for big speakers! But mine sounds way better than any others iv heard.. But at the same time im 17 and dont know many people with syatems in their cars. But yes it can take high input and my head unit is about 20rms... The old amp was my first amp for my sub woofer.. I got a sub and amp for $100... A lanzar max12 and a pyramid classic 1000 watt amp... Haha made a sealed box with my dad and fiberglassed it nice. That was a very "pretty" box. Haha but it did sound pretty good too. Well when i finally got my new amp. Its a powerbass 400.2 thats on my x12 now. But im a bit nervous about the pyramid amp on my door speakers.... Hope it dosnt ruin the quality of sound from the headunit to the doors...

how is the subwoofer amp getting signal?

Ok you mentioned a lot of stuff there. Certainly you don't want to put a 1000 watt amp on your door speakers

Ok you mentioned a lot of stuff there. Certainly you don't want to put a 1000 watt amp on your door speakers

Depends on how many door speakers :peepwall:

he mentioned a pair of kicker 6.5s.... def not! lol

1000 is the "max rating". 55x2 @ 4ohm is the RMS.

Wow. really? Thats crazy. If thats truly the RMS then yea do it up.

Amp the front door speakers.

yeah i think i will. Is a cheap akpbgoing to just make my door speakers sound really cheap also? Cuz the sub didnt sound good with that amp.. I didnt know till i got ky new amp but then i definatly noticed a big difference.. Should i still put the amp on them?

well 55x2 is nothing for a sub... its something for speakers.

You can try it. If it sounds worse then you are at least wired up for another amp.

Def the fronts. Most will say that the rears are not necessary at all but i feel they add a nice balance, atleast in my truck. As for wiring them, do you know if your amp is capable of accepting high level inputs? High level inputs are speaker level inputs. it allows you to put an already amplified signal from the head unit into the amp. You wire it from the speaker outputs on your headunit. If your not sure, post what amp it is that you have and this will help. Also what head unit. Depending on your head unit, adding an amp thats 40w RMS may offer no improvement.

i agree