aBrokeNinja91

too much deadener??

heys guys, so i just finished installing 36 sq feet of deadner in my car and it helped out tremendously. the anoying rattles i heard before are gone and even the ones on the outside for the most part. after installing it though it seems my subs do not hit as hard as they had before and i was wondering if anyone has had the same results as i did.

i have a 2003 celica and i installed the deadner on the inside and outer door skins and did this all the way back into the trunk

it could be that what you perceived as loudness was panel flex and resonance.

other causes could be a loose ground, loose connections (rca, power, etc)

you could try moving the box around the trunk. for example, in my car my sub was loudest when it was about 4 inches from the trunk lid. try aiming in different directions as well.

Too much deadener???? Is that possible?

What could be happening, is that now that your car is not radiating all of those vibrations through the body panels, you are hearing what is actually coming from the speakers. Sounds to me like it is time to upgrade.

thanks ill check the connections real quick and see if thats the culprit. but yeah lol it is definately time for an upgrade

what are you running right now for your sub and amp and electricals?

what are you running right now for your sub and amp and electricals?

AQ1200 and kicker L7 2ohm 2.2 cu.ft.

tsunami 4gauge big 3 and wires/stock alt

stock jbl HU stinger fixed LOC

Problem solved. the stinger LOC has tiny screws on the inputs and they aparently came loose since i installed it two or three months ago. it would actually explain why some days it would slam and others not so much. the stinger unit is mounted under the dash behind the glove box so i hardly ever go back there.

thanks for the help though. and ive played around with the box positioning, its in the "sweet spot" right now :) but most definately time for an upgrade, thinking of an icon 15" it looks SOOOOoooo SWEET!!!

was just thinking the same thing huh.png

If your talking "CLD" yes as you only need 25% coverage to control panel resonance. So multiple layers or 100% coverage can be described as to much deadner.

If your talking "CLD" yes as you only need 25% coverage to control panel resonance. So multiple layers or 100% coverage can be described as to much deadner.

Yep, anymore than that is overkill, not useful and a waste. Unless of course it's something useless to begin with like Alpha Damp.

If you mean too much MLV, then no. If you like quiet more and more is better. Of course it has to be applied right.

We really need to stop categorizing every type of material as "deadener". This morning, I put on my deadener aka T-shirt.

i had the same problem when i first installed my second skin pro. i was kind of upset with how much quiter it seemed but the sq went up dramaticlly and i actually posted better numbers. i think to the ear deadener might hurt but spl wise it helped greatly

Whats don's website for CDL tiles

Thanks