Briggiboy33

Lanzar max12 in a t-line? Comments?

I have an old lanzar max12 subwoofer. My friend wants to get a system for his car but really dosnt have much money for one. If i put the max12 in a custom made t-line box that i made and gave it like 200rms would it be decently loud? Or is there something else i should do to get the most out of it? Im being paid to install everything and make his box so i do want it to turn out very nicely if possible. What does it usualy cost to wire for an amp and just put the box and sub in? (iv done all my own stereo on my own so idk how much to charge him...)

no point in making a T-line, just build solid sealed or ported enclosure and call it a day. preferably ported if there is enough room and if your friend wants some decent output.

if you only running 200 watts you would just need an 8 gauge kit. this would probably work fine, http://www.audiosavings.com/products/8-GaugeAmpkit/Cadence-WK81-8-AWG-Gauge-Complete-Car-Audio-Amplifier-Installation-Wire-Amp-Kit/WK81.aspx

i wont go into how much you should charge him.

How come? Lol... Would like 100 be fair? But why not do t line?

I charge 60 minimum to install amp, price goes up if I have to tie into factory head units. I charge 90 minimum labor for building a box. They buy the wood. Price goes up for different size subs and amount.

Thqnk you for that. I really had no idea. On prices... So that really wasa. Big help!

How come? Lol... Would like 100 be fair? But why not do t line?

i dont charge my friend to help them install stuff. i did charge my brother once but it was a pretty big install.

Why do a t-line? its doesn't offer any advantages over a simple ported box that would warrant the time spent design and constructing it.

I was told t lines are louder through a larger range. And they sound better.. And iv just been curious about it so figured why not? I guess im asking about a t-line... Advantages or disadvantages?

T-line's require quite a bit of airspace sometimes. Versus a simple ported design will be more convinient and sound good if done right. It's less labor for you and less of a hassle for him in case he needs to take box out and what not. Just my opinion.

Alright so basicaly no1 votes tline? Damn.. I kinda wanted to but if just ported will really be better than its whatever

Save the T-Line to try out for yourself if you're the one curious about it. Then you can see if the design and labor really pays off as opposed to a simple ported enclosure. Chances are, if you don't know much about T-Lines, your first one isn't going to be pleasant. Everything is worth a try though.. I just personally wouldn't try something I don't have any experience with for a customer.

If he feels that he is going to be satisfied with that Lanzar, chances are he's not going to be too worried about a perfect flat response. Build a ported box, make him go boom, he will be happy.

Haha he is a kid in my highschool. He has been putting this off for like 2 months now. But yeah ill try and make him happy. He really dosnt know anything about audio and stuff. He askd whats a subwoofer do? Lol... But yeah he said he will pay for an install. So ill help him out by dong it cheap and gaining me experience... I love puting it in. I put in 3 now and his will be 4... I enjoy it.. Its fun for me..

You can't fit a T-line in your car, lol.

And if you have built what you think is one, I'd bet big time it isn't a t-line and is not as efficient as a standard ported enclosure.

30Hz T-line for a 12 will be about 7 ft3 externally and have less SPL than a standard 4th order vented.. Food for thought..