Sign in to follow this  
helotr3vor

Fi Q 12 with SAX-1200D

Im going to get a Fi Q 12 dual 2 and was curious what options I should go for. I am powering it with a Sundown SAX-1200D parallel. Thinking about doing the big 3 upgrade I already have the 1/0 hyperflex but I have a new 2010 A4. Runing 8g from the battery to the trunk in the amp. Again, What options should I go for with a ported enclosure about 2.3 cubes.

Im going to get a Fi Q 12 dual 2 and was curious what options I should go for. I am powering it with a Sundown SAX-1200D parallel. Thinking about doing the big 3 upgrade I already have the 1/0 hyperflex but I have a new 2010 A4. Runing 8g from the battery to the trunk in the amp. Again, What options should I go for with a ported enclosure about 2.3 cubes.

Just get the cooling and extra spider if you want to upgrade it.

I would at least run 4 gauge to the amp no less. Do not use 8 gauge

2.3 ported would sound great

Alright ill run 4 gauge then. And 10 gauge to the speaker. Dumb question but that is 2.3 cubes after sub/port/thickness displacement correct?

Alright ill run 4 gauge then. And 10 gauge to the speaker. Dumb question but that is 2.3 cubes after sub/port/thickness displacement correct?

that is what you should shoot for...

that will work great

What do you think about the internal lead option?

I'd do it, only because of the tinsel slap some have exercised mostly due to "high" excursion... I'd get it .. Only thing is I remember I think Nick stated he liked it without that option... I'd still get it if it were for my own reassurance ...

What do you think about the internal lead option?

I'd do it, only because of the tinsel slap some have exercised mostly due to "high" excursion... I'd get it .. Only thing is I remember I think Nick stated he liked it without that option... I'd still get it if it were for my own reassurance ...

What does it actually do? I dont understand...

I dont think im getting the internal lead. I saw it leaves more room for error when you dont.

If set up correctly, you will be extremely pleased with that setup!

My only concern is wiring the RCA from the Sundown to the factory amp then to the head unit. Is this a bad idea hooking a more powerful amp up to your factory amp?

My only concern is wiring the RCA from the Sundown to the factory amp then to the head unit. Is this a bad idea hooking a more powerful amp up to your factory amp?

eliminate the factory amp completely...

rca's should be ran from head unit to the sundown amp, unless you are going to use a signal processor which would have been in between.

eliminate the factory amp completely...

rca's should be ran from head unit to the sundown amp, unless you are going to use a signal processor which would have been in between.

If I eliminate the factory amp I have no speakers.... I would have to buy allot more equipment if i did that. Im not sure if there is a way to plug RCA's in the back of the stock head unit.

These questions are misplace now. Please help me out on my other thread I just started regarding this question.

sorry let me clear that up, I ment eliminate the stock amp completely from the new sub stage you are going to install.

Edited by StreetLegal

sorry let me clear that up, I ment eliminate the stock amp completely from the new sub stage you are going to install.

I havent found anyone who's done this to there B8 A4 so im not sure if its possible with the stock head unit.

If your keeping ur stock h/u, go for a Line Out Converter. Lets you plug the rca's in to it and keep your stock head unit. There's a guy on this forum selling a rockford fosgate 3sixty. Take a look at it.

If your keeping ur stock h/u, go for a Line Out Converter. Lets you plug the rca's in to it and keep your stock head unit. There's a guy on this forum selling a rockford fosgate 3sixty. Take a look at it.

I thought about this and its probably the route im going to go but I am hesitant wiring a 1200w mono amp to a factory amp. It doesn't seem efficient to me

I thought about this and its probably the route im going to go but I am hesitant wiring a 1200w mono amp to a factory amp. It doesn't seem efficient to me

I don't think you can do that anyways. If your hesitant to go messing around with your headunit, you can have the shop install it. Reason I recommend the rockford 3sixty is because it has 6 channels, if you ever want to expand and buy a speaker amp, you can just plug that into the LOC as well.

LOC go up to about 80wats. Doesn't this mean you lose allot of power when you power an aftermarket amp through them?

No, it lets you hook your aftermarket amplifiers up to it via RCA without having to get a new headunit.

No, it lets you hook your aftermarket amplifiers up to it via RCA without having to get a new headunit.

Do you still get full output from your amp and sub?

the loc converts high level speaker outputs from your factory head unit to pre amp rca level that connects to your new amp for it's input signal.

Edited by StreetLegal

Sign in to follow this