q-ball

Hey guys! New FI owner, may have some questions!

Hello,

Just picked up an FI BL 10" from a local classified w/ a kenwood 800w amp(probably not gonna use) for $120!!! Kid said it was an SSD but upon removal and further inspection it is a BL, D2 config. I just printed the cut sheet for a new box and am currently in search of a new amp. I wired up my Memphis MC500.1 and that BL just laughed and barely moved @ 1ohm. I never should have sold my 1k!!!! Oh well!

I dont see a question? But SAZ-1500Dv.2 is best fit for BL imo but if you want a cheaper rout you can go with a refurbished SAX-1200D for over $200 less.

I saw that listed too. If it is a BL 1500 will make it pound.

Damn what a steal!

Nice find! That's. Great price for a bl. I always skim craigslist for thing like this. My friend found a old style fully loaded fi q for 150. Picked it up a few days ago. Isnt finding people that have no idea what they have great?

planning ahead is KEY always start with your subs then amps and work your way to the front

:WELCOME:

I think there is something wrong if 500rms doesnt get that bl moving good.Its it a d2vc, d4vc or d1vc?

i think the bl are 1500 watts so 500 wont even do anything to it

You need more experienceeek5wavey.gif because i have heard 1750wrms subs on 500wrms and they will get loud.

Do you think If you double the wattage you double the volume?

Hello,

Just picked up an FI BL 10" from a local classified w/ a kenwood 800w amp(probably not gonna use) for $120!!! Kid said it was an SSD but upon removal and further inspection it is a BL, D2 config. I just printed the cut sheet for a new box and am currently in search of a new amp. I wired up my Memphis MC500.1 and that BL just laughed and barely moved @ 1ohm. I never should have sold my 1k!!!! Oh well!

WELCOME.gif

WELCOME.gif to the forum!! You're going to love the Fi sub and you definitely got one hell of deal on it. Unless there's a problem with the Kenwood amp it should be a fine match for the sub. You're not really going to hear a difference between 800 watts and 1000 or so. The enclosure you put it in is FAR more important than the amount of power it's going to see.

planning ahead is KEY always start with your subs then amps and work your way to the front

While I do agree that planning ahead is a must, I completely disagree with starting at the amps and subs and working your way forward. Consider this, the subs play a few frequencies from around 25hz to less than 100hz. Your highs play everything from that about 80-100hz range all the way up the scale. Unless you're building a competition rig trying to break class records, wouldn't it make more sense to start with the HU, any processing you're planning on using, sound deadening, the highs and then work your way back? Just some food for thought.

You need more experienceeek5wavey.gif because i have heard 1750wrms subs on 500wrms and they will get loud.

depends on the amp only if they true to power some amps say 500 watts and you lucky to get 300

Do you think If you double the wattage you double the volume?

and please dont bring your smd trolling garbage here just saying

WELCOME.gif to the forum!! You're going to love the Fi sub and you definitely got one hell of deal on it. Unless there's a problem with the Kenwood amp it should be a fine match for the sub. You're not really going to hear a difference between 800 watts and 1000 or so. The enclosure you put it in is FAR more important than the amount of power it's going to see.

While I do agree that planning ahead is a must, I completely disagree with starting at the amps and subs and working your way forward. Consider this, the subs play a few frequencies from around 25hz to less than 100hz. Your highs play everything from that about 80-100hz range all the way up the scale. Unless you're building a competition rig trying to break class records, wouldn't it make more sense to start with the HU, any processing you're planning on using, sound deadening, the highs and then work your way back? Just some food for thought.

well actually i bought my bass amps first cause i know what subs go perfect with them and then i bought my mids and highs amp then after all that i knew i was gonna need a high output ALT then of course big 3 and again of course multi batteries and couple runs of 0 gauge and alot of dynamat lol

depends on the amp only if they true to power some amps say 500 watts and you lucky to get 300

Taking in voltage drop, volume, and music being so dynamic, i I guess you could say no amp does rated either. Which amps are you talking about that do not do rated?

Taking in voltage drop, volume, and music being so dynamic, i I guess you could say no amp does rated either. Which amps are you talking about that do not do rated?

usually everything except high end brands

Welcome OP.

Try the BL on your current amps. Don't beleive another more powerful one will change your life !

Only a good box can do so.