99 Civic, 2 RE SEX 12's, SS 2500w

well decided i wanted some boom in my DD (Daily Driver).... so i went ahead and bought some subs, a box, and a amp.... already had the 1/0 gauge wire from my last build in the white civic so i used that...

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

RE SEX 12s and Ported box.... paid $365 for the 2 subs and the box and then $280 for the amp... so $645 for everything.... im happy... its just a prefab box but i dont care really how loud this car gets as long as it sounds ok lol..car already has powerbass 6.5s up front and powerbass 6x9s in the back....plus it came stock with tweeters in the A pillar so the SQ is really good imo...

2 12" RE SEX Subs:

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

3 Cubic Ft. Box:

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

SoundStream Rubicon 2500w Amp:

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

SS amp compared to my SD16K:

IMG_2052.jpg

subs in and wired to 1 ohm... and got all wires hid under carpet... i hooked up a stinger digital volt meter as well but forgot to take a pic lol.

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

decided to wire up one of my d3100s since my voltage was dropping into the 11s...

IMG_2079.jpg

its actually pretty loud and has some good flex too :)

ill have a vid up tomorrow

A pre-fab box is a no no

Looks clean.

Have you tried to fire the subs & port forward, and sealed the box from the trunk ?

This prefab box does not look too bad. Do you know what is it tuned to ?

A pre-fab box is a no no

If the enclosure is constructed well and meets the driver's specifications I see nothing wrong with it.

Do something with the battery man. Wouldn't want to be in an accident, or make any sharp turns.

Looks clean.

Have you tried to fire the subs & port forward, and sealed the box from the trunk ?

This prefab box does not look too bad. Do you know what is it tuned to ?

not yet thats what i wanted to try next... i asked the company and they told me its tuned to 35hz... heres a link to where i bought the box and subs from: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-RE-Audio-SEX12D4-12-2400Watt-Car-Stereo-Subwoofers-Vented-Sub-Enclosure-Box-/300688398620?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item46026cd91c

A pre-fab box is a no no

If the enclosure is constructed well and meets the driver's specifications I see nothing wrong with it.

+1

Do something with the battery man. Wouldn't want to be in an accident, or make any sharp turns.

lol im not worried about it... its smashed inbetween the box and the side wall of the car... its not going anywhere lol...

forgot to take a vid today... will have to do it tomorrow

oh man sweet EF... whats the set up under the hood? i see the intercooler but im guessing theres a pretty beefy turbo under that hood bulge :)

oh man sweet EF... whats the set up under the hood? i see the intercooler but im guessing theres a pretty beefy turbo under that hood bulge smile.png

thank you :)

and yes the turbo is a Holset HX35... good for 500whp... rest of the turbo/engine set up: Cast Iron Topmount Manifold, Tial Wastegate, RC 850cc Injectors, Greddy Type S BOV, Frontmount IC, PM6 ECU tuned w/ TurboEDIT, 3" Exhaust, LC-1 Wideband, Hallman Boost Controller, Eagle H Beam Rods, SRP Pistons, ACL Race Bearings, HKS Bead Headgasket, Walbro Lph255 Fuel Pump, ARP Headstuds, Stage 4 Clutch & Flywheel. Supertech Head.

all the work was done by me and my dad... my dads friend has a auto shop so i get to work on my cars there...only work that wasnt done by us was actually putting the engine together... but putting in the engine/turbo setup, radiator setup, exhaust setup, all the custom stuff we did ourselfs...

P1013044.jpg

P1013048.jpg

its a fun little car lol...

500hp?

500hp?

yes thats the max the turbo can push out, around 500-550whp...

envy much... if i wasn't so broke messing with basic audio i'd be doin something like that!! but i do love my music :)

couldn't imagine trying to hear subs over that motor though...

That's A Big pucking Hairdryer. Reminds Me Of The Garret GTX3076R I Had On My SRT4, Lol.

Don't See Many Of Those EF's Anymore...Done Right Anyway. And That Bitch Was Done Right, And That Means Alot Coming From Me, I Usually Hate Hondas.

envy much... if i wasn't so broke messing with basic audio i'd be doin something like that!! but i do love my music smile.png

couldn't imagine trying to hear subs over that motor though...

lol thanks... actually the motor isnt that loud when im not getting on it lol... i have a 3" racing magnaflow muffler so its got a nice low growl to it... not loud though lol only gets loud when i push past 20psi and the wastegate opens... i have a open dumptube off the wastegate so it sounds mean as fuck... i used to have a fart cannon on it lol but took that off once i put the turbo kit on...this is the 2nd turbo kit on it as well lol...first setup i had a small Garrett T3 .42/48 from a saab... loved how fast it spooled but maxed at like 15psi/225whp....this turbo is a little laggy so i might switch to something a little smaller....and my compression is down to 8:1 so it doesnt have any low end power.... thing is a highway monster though!

That's A Big pucking Hairdryer. Reminds Me Of The Garret GTX3076R I Had On My SRT4, Lol.

Don't See Many Of Those EF's Anymore...Done Right Anyway. And That Bitch Was Done Right, And That Means Alot Coming From Me, I Usually Hate Hondas.

lol thank you :)

lol if youre looking for a little more response you should just... ditch the car... in my yard... and then... take my celica... :)

cool build

i only have 1 question.

i seen this topic this morning and i figured someone would say it.........

but... if you spent that much money on subs..... why the fuck wouldn't you buy some SSA's?.... i mean damn .... its our home .... first off... and second off... its a way better sub........

so why?

A pre-fab box is a no no

:Doh: didnt know i needed to add a smiley face for my sarcasm

Edited by jay-cee

i only have 1 question.

but... if you spent that much money on subs..... why the fuck wouldn't you buy some SSA's?.... i mean damn .... its our home .... first off... and second off... its a way better sub........

so why?

i spend $365 on 2 12 "subs and a box...

i was thinking about getting some ssa subs... but the dcon is only 300wrms and i need more than that for sure.... the icon would have been my choice... for 2 12" icons, would have costed $631 shipped.... almost as much as i paid for my subs, box, and amp... 2 dcon 12s would have been $300 shipped...which isnt bad... but i just know that amp would blow some 300w subs lol...

right on... i was drunk when i wrote that....

but i was serious never the less....

and of course i have to now say this...

just cause you have that much power dont mean you need to push that much power!! tongue.png

and of course we know the Dcons are known to take more then 300 watts responsibly (trying to get away from saying "underrated")

Edited by bigjon

arent the dcons 2" voicecoils??

deez nutzz!!!!..... OO

i only have 1 question.

so why?

What? SSA isnt the end all be all sub

waiting for video

i only have 1 question.

so why?

What? SSA isnt the end all be all sub

i didnt say that at all........ infact im not sure how you even got that out of what i said.

like i said.. i was drunk... and i over looked that he spent that much on the subs AND box... either way. i was quick to admit i was drunk....

its your money i was just wondering.

quick vid... batteries kept dieing in the camera so didnt get to good of a video:

=