CBalutis

SKAR VVX 12" Replacement?

Tried e-mailing and posting about my VVX12 with no response yet... Had it for a month and the center of the cone is coming unglued... The sub itself still plays fine, the only kind of sound distortion is where air is coming through the crack... The sub has not been abused at all, and i've been told by many how durable SKAR subs are... Just trying to find out what can be done for a replacement or swap. And if this is a regular occurrence than maybe switching to a different sub?... My email is CBalutis@gmail.com

It happened to mine too!!! :( I just used amazing goop to put it back on and works perfect!

I say switch to a ssa gcon.

Why suggest he spends more money when all he has to do is glue the dustcap back on

Why suggest he spends more money when all he has to do is glue the dustcap back on

Because SSA > Skar in every aspect.

Because SSA > Skar in every aspect.

maybe I read it wrong but I'm pretty sure he asked what's a replacement.

A gcon is a good replacement.

I assumed he meant replacing the sub with new one of that sub. Perhaps he can clarify.

Deyoung I don't doubt that but it seems pretty stupid to suggest him buying a whole new sub when there's a simple fix ( assuming my first statement holds true)

Sorry if I'm coming off harsh but I really don't want to see the nutthuggery I see all the time on other forums. Especially if he is happy with the sub and some glue would fix his problem.

Chris, I am a little behind on emails, but catching up. Replied to your email just a little bit ago.

I assumed he meant replacing the sub with new one of that sub. Perhaps he can clarify.

Deyoung I don't doubt that but it seems pretty stupid to suggest him buying a whole new sub when there's a simple fix ( assuming my first statement holds true)

Sorry if I'm coming off harsh but I really don't want to see the nutthuggery I see all the time on other forums. Especially if he is happy with the sub and some glue would fix his problem.

It's not nuthugging, rather disdain towards the other company.

Like you, I believe the OP is under the assumption that his driver is under warranty and this will net him a completely new driver as a replacement for the one with the loose dust cap.

Ok well call me a nut hugger. Fine. I would rather support my community than give that shit head any money. Don't shit where you eat.

Sorry op if I mis understood you.

Ok well call me a nut hugger. Fine. I would rather support my community than give that shit head any money. Don't shit where you eat.

fing34.gif

Really not that big of a deal, just glue it back down with some CA glue.

Steve please don't get me wrong. Just stated that I don't want to see nutthuggery. I should have included that I just don't want it happening here. Like how it is on every single other forum.

Also don't take this as any promotion for skar. I have no problems with their drivers (never heard them) but Kevin is just a shady shithead.

Really not that big of a deal, just glue it back down with some CA glue.

X2