Aaron Clinton

Interest inquiry: Real Carbon Fiber Dust Caps

Ok, this is just a test feeler for SERIOUS interest. We have not finalized the added cost or pricing yet, so don't ask. Weight wise, they are nearly identical to the current caps being used on the SSA Icon and SSA Xcon (possible convex cap for the Zcon). Below is what the 10" Xcon looks like with the Carbon Fiber cap installed (thank you to Duran for the work and Sean DeYoung for the picture). If we were to offer it, it would be a limited edition, upgrade option.

e3cafb57.jpg

post-3-0-61090500-1334934626_thumb.jpeg

Tell us your thoughts. We really like the looks of it.

I'll take 4 for my zcons if you go that route. Would match my plans for the car perfectly.

Just let me know. I'm down.

I would be interested in one for a 15 XCON

Like the others said, If we could get them separately I would be very VERY interested. It looks fantastic.

For the Zcon would it be the same kind of cap that it comes with or one like the Icon/Xcon cap?

Looks darn good, however, the writing looks a little big as compared to the original, the original writing is well proposionate to the size of the woofer, especially for the tens, also, different colours could be an option too.

Looks darn good, however, the writing looks a little big as compared to the original, the original writing is well proposionate to the size of the woofer, especially for the tens, also, different colours could be an option too.

It is larger writing than stock, that is what Sean requested.

It is larger writing than stock, that is what Sean requested.

fing34.gif

For the woofers with the "boob" style cones, I have these:

IMG_20120419_091800.jpg

Oh I do like boobs

Oh I do like boobs

I'll second that.

For the woofers with the "boob" style cones, I have these:

"Edited out pic"

Seriously though...how much?

Edited by An-i-no

Sounds like a great idea. jman.gif

Love it! If these were in the demo truck..they would have to have the carbon fiber for sure.

Any idea since it is just a cap if it will help gain any performance like the composite cones do?

Love it! If these were in the demo truck..they would have to have the carbon fiber for sure.

Any idea since it is just a cap if it will help gain any performance like the composite cones do?

The ones pictured weigh the exact same as the caps they replace, as they sit there is no performance difference, only increased strength. I can make them lighter to decrease moving mass, but that is a custom piece and may be offered later.

Dust caps look cool. I'm more impartial towards the Ascendant Audio Avalanche carbon dust caps and their non-glossy textured look and feel. These are a little too glossy for me. Either or congrats to Duran for his new venture. Good luck. :)

Dust caps look cool. I'm more impartial towards the Ascendant Audio Avalanche carbon dust caps and their non-glossy textured look and feel. These are a little too glossy for me. Either or congrats to Duran for his new venture. Good luck. :)

This is how Sean's caps started:

IMG_20120323_124157.jpg

I would be interested in a cap if they were available separately. Unfortunately I don't need any subs at the moment :(

Dust caps look cool. I'm more impartial towards the Ascendant Audio Avalanche carbon dust caps and their non-glossy textured look and feel. These are a little too glossy for me. Either or congrats to Duran for his new venture. Good luck. smile.png

This is how Sean's caps started:

IMG_20120323_124157.jpg

That lookes more like it. I like that one. :)

Love the look!

I also like reverting back to the blue.

just selling dust caps?

Cones are in process - whether SSA offers them or not is up to them.

as long as the cost on the upgrade wouldn't hit the ole' wallet too hard, I'd pick the option.

I love it !

The writing is big. But it is beautiful.

just selling dust caps?

Cones are in process - whether SSA offers them or not is up to them.

You said cones, I asked about dust caps. :D But I'd be interested in both.