Sign in to follow this  
keezy235

SSA DCON Questions

Hey guys,

I've got 250 RMS to work with from my cadence four channel amp and I'm debating about getting an SSA Dcon. Does anyone know when the 12" Single 4 ohm version will be back in stock? And I listen to a lot of hip hop and rap, what do you think my best box size and port frequency would be for my likes? Also, does anyone know of a good box maker in the indianapolis area or a pre-made box online that'll work well with a 12" Dcon on 250 watts? Thanks a bunch everyone!

Hey guys,

I've got 250 RMS to work with from my cadence four channel amp and I'm debating about getting an SSA Dcon. Does anyone know when the 12" Single 4 ohm version will be back in stock? And I listen to a lot of hip hop and rap, what do you think my best box size and port frequency would be for my likes? Also, does anyone know of a good box maker in the indianapolis area or a pre-made box online that'll work well with a 12" Dcon on 250 watts? Thanks a bunch everyone!

This answers the when

DC creations and TRP make great boxes that they can ship to you. With 250 watts I'd shoot for 2-2.25 cubes net tuned to 34 hz.

The remaining parts should be in shortly. 250 watts is plenty for a Dcon. :)

Go with the optimal ported enclosure design and enjoy! The DCON is an awesome driver for the money!

Edited by 98GMC

Go with the optimal ported enclosure design and enjoy! The DCON is an awesome driver the money!

Will agree to that!

I second that. The DCON is a great sub that definitely belies its seemingly low power rating. I have a link to the review I wrote for my sister's DCON in my signature.

sounds good! Does anyone happen to know any good box builders in the indianapolis area? I'm sure shipping is going to be an arm and a leg for a box so I'd like to find someone that could make it for me local. THanks everyone!

edit: also, is there any advantage or disadvantages between slot ports, aero ports, and slot kerfed ports? what would be best for my application?

Edited by keezy235