Sawyer

Sundown 15s

I want two sundown sa 15s, but I dont know whether to get D2 or D4, and what amp to get either. Any help will be appreciated greatly!

budget and goal would help.

Probably around 300 to 400 for amp. Maybe 500 if it's just absolutely worth it. And goal would be to just be loud. Itd be Sick to be heard coming from blocks away. Most 15s around here are kicker, and I just want to blow them away with something different.

Well if you get them in dual 4 ohms you can wire down to 1 ohm and grab a sundown sax1200d and have it at 1 ohm to get the full 1200w. I believe there is a guy here selling one for $250.

You gonna go ported right?

Proper enclosure will matter the most. You can have the perfect sub and amp combo but in a crap enclosure and it will sound like crap.

That being said you can pick up a refurb sundown for a good price at db-r. Something like a 1200 or 1500 would work well.

Crescendo, audiopipe and hifonics would be some other alternatives.

So should I get the dual 2 or dual 4? And depending on which one of those I get, will it effect me getting a second amp later to run some mids and highs on?

So should I get the dual 2 or dual 4?

Select an amp before you select an impedance. Which coil configuration you purchase depends on the amplifier you plan to run with them.

And depending on which one of those I get, will it effect me getting a second amp later to run some mids and highs on?

No, completely unrelated.

So what about an audioque 1200d, and the d4 and wire to one ohm?

Buy an amp within your budget. Put your focus on building a "proper enclosure" as posted before. You will acheive better results.

So what about an audioque 1200d, and the d4 and wire to one ohm?

that sounds good...

MOST D class amps are 1 ohm stable... so i would look into some D1 or D4 subs that way you can wire to 1 ohm...

And this is probably a dumb question, but what size wire would be good? And would I need a second battery? It's going in a 2003 Chevy TB

I think as long as you do the big 3 in 1/0 wire, you won't need a second battery, you just need to watch your voltage and grab a volt meter. Try to get 1/0 wire for your amp, depending on what amp you get, I think the biggest wire you can put on a AQ1200 is 4awg which is ok as well. But I'm not sure on that.