Sign in to follow this  
jonbearsmt

help me decide my next move,

i need advice.   

17 members have voted

1. 1. sub impedance question

• recone d1's once again.. so i can burp at .25 and daily at 1ohm and get a NS1
    • or recone to D2 and run half ohm daily on the 4500D
    • recone dual 2 and fun half ohm daily on an NS1
  2. 2. sub spider question.

• use ZV3 spiders again ( soft)
    • or recone the NSV2s with NSV3 (stiff)

i have nighshave V2s now,. with ZV3 spiders on them.. i likem them very much so... they are soft.

i was able to reach 151.3 DB with my current set up... but i want more...

so i can go a few routes. help me men!

Omg get the zv3. It's so amazing.

im wondering now if i should just forget about .25 ohms.. its just too hard on the amp. and with texas heat on top of it .. .running in the lanes at .25 is a pain in the ass.... and i would need ALOT more battery to run an NS1 at .25

Hey bigjon whats up!!

hey whats up buddy how ya been? i should give you a call.. still have the same number? the 0322?

i voted :fing34:

Submitted my opinion. One burp at .25 every once in a while would be a lot less hard on the amp than running it at .5 daily... Either way, the sundown amps can take it. Btw, I am doing 1 ohm daily and .25 for burps on my 200.1's...

i also had the thought of an NS1 at 2 ohms daily... and half ohm for burps

bump

i also had the thought of an NS1 at 2 ohms daily... and half ohm for burps

This option will be less taxing on your electrical and amplifier. I say go this route. Can always add an other NS-1 down the road and strap them.

I was thinking of running an amp at .5 this time around but, I can only have a limited electrical setup. I like the idea of having more amp than I need and running @ 1ohm. Id say get the Ns-1 or similar. (voted)

Edited by Optimus_Prime

well then that part is decided.... now i need to come up with my spiders,

ZV3 (soft) .... and its what i have been running

or nightshade V3 spiders.... stiff.

either way ill be running my 4500 at .5 untill i get the NS1

I would call Jacob. He would be able to get you in the ball park of where you need to be. There's no telling he might recommend 10 spiders for extra deebeez. If anyone knows his product for spl it would be him.

How many spiders come with the ns v.3 and zv.3.

The number of spiders are worthless unless you know the deflection of each of them. For example 5 spiders with a deflection of 1mm at 100 grams each will not be as stiff as two spiders with a deflection of 1mm at 385 grams each.

not sure... also i have yet to pull the sub to see " how/where it failed" but so far it looks like the coil came un-raveled

incase anyone on SSA cares. sundown will no longer build 15 and 18 inch nightshades with Zv3 spiders,

sundown updated other sites with this info but not SSa.

also this was publicly made known after i ordered and paid for a nightshade 15 inch recone with a zv3 spider, and was shipped a zv3 recone with nightshade coil,

then left to deal with two diffrent cones and outcasted with little to no help ,salutions or customer care.

wow i miss the OLD sundown.

Damn that sucks man.

yeah, i'd be pretty pissed. i remember when Aaron would go leaps and bounds for his customers damn near. Customer service use to be the best you could ask for.

yeah, i'd be pretty pissed. i remember when Aaron would go leaps and bounds for his customers damn near. Customer service use to be the best you could ask for.

Aaron?

I think it was the NS surround with Zv3 spiders they stopped with. The pics on **** looked like NS cones. I have the Zv3 cones. The Zv3 cone seems pretty sturdy from what I could feel. Still sucks that got mixed up and should have been tested first.

Personally It depends on how you want it to sound. I would think the NS3 parts would give you a more "peaky" response and the Zv3 combo give you a flatter response.

Not sure on the new spiders but words from jacob when I planned on doing 15's with my ufo's, he said three Zv2 spiders with Zv3 cones would be fine. Not sure if that's helpful or not. I also know someone whom I talk to on a regular basis running Zv3 parts with 8 layer coils in ufo motors and is doing fine. I hope they get it worked out for you man I know they've been slam packed and I talked to two nemesis guys and seems like its a bit crazy for them right now. I've sent 4 emails over the past two weeks with no responses. Usually it was a day or two lol.

Aaron?

yeah, wasn't it him that has the AKA "aarondark"

Edit: thought that was his Youtube alias or something like that, but then i remembered it was "arawndark" that i was trying to refer to

Edited by ChILL

Aaron?

I'm not positive who you mean I just don't want people thinking you mean Aaron on here.

Aaron?

I'm not positive who you mean I just don't want people thinking you mean Aaron on here.

No, i was referring to Jacob by what i thought was his alias.

I see, don't think he ever had an "alias" but I've been wrong before.

Sign in to follow this