Budah93

Upgrade Questions

you can't run 3 d4s at 1 ohm for 1 and 2nd off your analogy is in valid if everything is set up correctly and i have all the meters neccesary to do so. Each sub will get the same amount of power have the same amount of volume in the box

Hence the "or above" statement.

Now I'm sure your jumping up and down thinking your going to lose a bunch of power and loudness if you wired higher, but if you had a basic understanding of sound, then you would know that you wouldn't really notice any audible difference.

My analogy isn't off because your not even using identical amplifiers, and turning the dials so they look the same doesn't mean squat. Even if you used a dmm, there will be a difference in signal and power output between the two.

If you were using the same amps, and same coil configs then I would be more likely to agree that you could match them close enough with a dmm.

I make this post in the hopes to persuade others from making the mistake you are about to do. smile.png

Edited by stefanhinote

i'm not gonna run my 1 ohm amp at 2. whatever ohms it's gonna be. I want it at the best efficiency. And the amps are very similar and will have all settings equal no just the dials looking the same.

i'm not gonna run my 1 ohm amp at 2. whatever ohms it's gonna be. I want it at the best efficiency. And the amps are very similar and will have all settings equal no just the dials looking the same.

It will be more efficient at 2 ohms versus 1.

Well It sounds like you know best. :D

You asked a question, very knowledgeable members from SSA responded, and you still choose to disregard what they have said. Why even create this thread? What you propose to do is wrong. It will not have diserable results.

They all need go back to the original post and re read the question. I asked would it be louder! i did not ask anything else and none of them answered my question. A simple yes or no would have been suffice that's all not them all lecturing me about it being a bad idea. i know it's not the best idea but i'm getting the 3rd sundown sub for 50 bucks from a buddy and i paid 150 for mine so it's not like i spent a ton of money on the set up anyway. I know there are other ways to make it louder but for the price i'm paying... you can't beat it

:(

sad.png

aw-.gif^^^^^^^^^^^^

They all need go back to the original post and re read the question. I asked would it be louder! i did not ask anything else and none of them answered my question. A simple yes or no would have been suffice that's all not them all lecturing me about it being a bad idea. i know it's not the best idea but i'm getting the 3rd sundown sub for 50 bucks from a buddy and i paid 150 for mine so it's not like i spent a ton of money on the set up anyway. I know there are other ways to make it louder but for the price i'm paying... you can't beat it

To answer your question...in a perfect world, yes it would be louder. In reality, it probably won't be and will likely end up sounding worse and possibly damaging one or all drivers. Since it seems you're hell bent on running 3 subs, make sure all are the same coil config and get rid of the amp that you have and buy a bigger amp that makes max power into 2 ohms. Build a box that it right for the 3 subs and wire them to 2.66 ohms.

There question is answered. I'm not hell bent on running 3 subs but i don't wanna pay full price to buy a 4th one and i probably don't have the appropriate space to have 4 subs anyway. What amp would you reccomend to put on my current 2 sa15s?

sad.png

aw-.gif^^^^^^^^^^^^

finger.gif

post6as.gif

postwhore.gif

post6as.gif

postwhore.gif

:noob:

post6as.gif

postwhore.gif

noob.gif

smileyho.gif

post6as.gif

postwhore.gif

noob.gif

smileyho.gif

loser.gif

post6as.gif

postwhore.gif

noob.gif

smileyho.gif

loser.gif

:finger:

post6as.gif

postwhore.gif

noob.gif

smileyho.gif

loser.gif

finger.gif

:neil:

Alright after doing some research I must apologize for aruging with all of you. I looked at some systems and they all have had major issues shortly after install. Hoping i didn't make all of you completely hate me because i will need more help when it comes times too an upgrade. I will for sure listen to you guys from now on....Thanks

so i'm no longer going to run 3 subs. What kind of amp would you reccomend for these subs? I know they can take more. I have them in a 7 cuft ported box. I don't remember the other numbers but the box is my profile picture if that helps. I want it to hurt my ears again haha

post6as.gif

postwhore.gif

noob.gif

smileyho.gif

loser.gif

finger.gif

cool.png

morning.gif

Alright after doing some research I must apologize for aruging with all of you. I looked at some systems and they all have had major issues shortly after install. Hoping i didn't make all of you completely hate me because i will need more help when it comes times too an upgrade. I will for sure listen to you guys from now on....Thanks

Most people don't like to admit ever being wrong, so it's cool for the acknowledgement. :)

so i'm no longer going to run 3 subs. What kind of amp would you reccomend for these subs? I know they can take more. I have them in a 7 cuft ported box. I don't remember the other numbers but the box is my profile picture if that helps. I want it to hurt my ears again haha

I'm not sure how close to "rated" the Hifonics amps are, but unless you end up with an amp that makes twice as much power, your going to be hard pressed to hear any difference.

If I were in your shoes, and I had the extra room, I'd get the third driver with the same coil config as others, build new enclosure for all three with a big port, and then possibly consider an amp change.

this amp is supposed to put out 1500 rms and i'm pretty sure it doesn't so if i get an amp that puts out real watts i'm positive i'll hear a difference

this amp is supposed to put out 1500 rms and i'm pretty sure it doesn't so if i get an amp that puts out real watts i'm positive i'll hear a difference

You more than likely won't notice any difference if you go with another 1500 watt amp.

well i'm looking at an amp that puts out 2000 actual watts. This one i think only puts out around 750 if i had to guess