Sign in to follow this  
RAM_Designs

Interest in Big 3 kits?

I have been thinking about making some quality Big 3 kits, and just want to kind of take the forum's temperature about the idea. Ordering will be easy, simply give me the three lengths you need from mounting hole to mounting hole(for me, this will = terminal hole to terminal hole). Here's a rundown of the parts/process.

1) Wire being used will be the new black Audio Technix 1/0 CCA wire.

2) Terminals will be tinned copper to resist corrosion.

3) All wire/terminal connections will be crimped via a hydraulic crimper for a connection that will never wiggle loose or back out.

4) All connections will be finished with some black heat shrink tubing for a clean look.

Do you guys have any interest in something like this? If so, what kind of price point would be reasonable to you?

Hmm it has to be that wire?

Yes, I would be buying in bulk. What are your issues with it?

I don't want to make a mess of your thread, so I'll just say that I would rather see a different brand. Good luck though as it is a great idea.

I think this is a great idea, I especially like #2 and #3. However, the brand and the CCA turn me off a little bit. Personally, I would be willing to pay more for a different brand and for OFC. Maybe you could offer both CCA and OFC at different price points for people on differing budgets and looking for different results.

Just my .02

Edited by 40oz

People already do that with higher quality in my opinion.

check this out, his prices aren't really low, but it's very good quality.

http://www.ceautoele...m/big3kits.html

IMO there's too much going on in those kits. Most people on forums already have most of that stuff and would just need the wires to do the big three, not every little possible connection you could think of...just my opinion, I guess. I assume there are people that would rather spend half the money and get what they really need out of the kit(the wires). Also, I didn't realize that Coleman had such a bad rep on here...I checked some threads and knew literally nothing about any of the issues that were brought up.

The AT wire is pretty sub par from what I have seen. Quality flex welding cable can be had for better price. Good idea though.

I don't want to make a mess of your thread, so I'll just say that I would rather see a different brand. Good luck though as it is a great idea.

x's 2

That right there would keep me from ever recommending you. I'm not going to recommend anything that directly or indirectly supports AT or uses his products.

That right there would keep me from ever recommending you. I'm not going to recommend anything that directly or indirectly supports AT or uses his products.

That's fine, you can't please everyone. I'm buying the wire because the price is good and I've never had an issue with Coleman in all the times we have talked. I realize that people here have issues with him, and I understand that nothing it going to change your opinion on that subject.

Edited by RAM_Designs

The AT wire is pretty sub par from what I have seen. Quality flex welding cable can be had for better price. Good idea though.

For what it's worth, there is not a better deal on any 1/0, especially OFC(which is obviously more expensive) than what I am getting the AT CCA wire for. The cheapest OFC welding cable I can find is at weldingsupply.com, and it's a little over $2/ft plus shipping. I'll be getting my wire for WELL under that price. This is also from a brand new order of wire, so maybe any of the "loose jacket" issues will be solved on this run.

You gettin the wire for less than $0.82 a foot?

If not.. i know a source that can help you...

270A rated per NEC standard @9ft long @75C

805A rated per NEC standard @3ft long @75C

It will not be as flexible as the best flex jackets out there so you might want to get a 5ft sample from somewhere to check it out.

You gettin the wire for less than $0.82 a foot?

If not.. i know a source that can help you...

270A rated per NEC standard @9ft long @75C

805A rated per NEC standard @3ft long @75C

It will not be as flexible as the best flex jackets out there so you might want to get a 5ft sample from somewhere to check it out.

PM sent.

Edited by RAM_Designs