98exploreron22

Time to change my setup

I have been runing 4-sundown sa-12 in my 98-explorer in a 7.6cf net box with a 110in of port on two AQ-2200 straped at 2 /// I just sold the box and subs to a buddy of mine and am thinking about runing 4-12'' Gcon with the two AQ-2200 in 10.1cf net with 4-6'' areo ports tuned to 32-33hz Are i was thinking of runing 8-10'' Dcon with the two AQ-2200 in 10.1 cf net with 4-6'' areo ports tuned to 32-33hz that would give me 113.04in of areo port with that box. So what i am asking is with the same power for the 4-12'' are the 8-10'' subs.. is cone area king what do yall think will be the best setup in my explorer.. and b4 yall ask yes i have the Electrical to run the amps..two duel Dc power 220amp alts and 6-fullriver 110ah agm batts.. thanks 4any help you can give me on this

Anyone wont to let me no what thay think on this,,,, I am wonting to order the subs by 8-17-12 so any help would be nice guys

I would think cone area would be king but I'm not totally sure.

Two XCON 18's over the two choices you listed. Out of the two you listed I'd do the GCONs.

I dont have the room-air space- to run two 18'' subs at the most i have 10.8cf net to work with. i am not doing a wall.. its going in the cargo area of my 98 explorer. my batts are under the explorer where the spare tire was made a batt rack. all 4 amps are under the back seat so i only have somuch room to work with.

Ahh I guess I should have read your whole post. I would do the GCONs

8 10" GCON's

8-10'' Gcon would be over my $1000.00 buget for the subs,,,,,,,,,, thats y i said 4-12'' Gcon Are 8-10'' Dcon subs,,,, its one are the other ,,,,,,, i wonted to tryout the SSA subs but the way its looking on this form maybe i was worng.....

i wonted to tryout the SSA subs but the way its looking on this form maybe i was worng.....

Why?

Why do you say the way its looking on this forum you may be wrong? More cone area and motor force i feel wins the battle any day of the week. Mind you with gobs of power that can be overcome but then you run into way to many variables. Honestly save your money and do it right the first time around. Took me awhile to build and buy all my stuff but im glad i did. No better accomplishment than seeing 8 12s sitting behind me causing mass destruction haha.

i wonted to tryout the SSA subs but the way its looking on this form maybe i was worng.....

Why?

x's 2?

Why?

x's 2?

x^3 ?

I come to this form 2 ask about the setup i am thinking of runing 4-12'' Gcon are 8-10'' Dcon subs and have not got any help with what i ask ,,,,,,,,, if this is how the SSA form is when trying 2get help with my setup runing there subs then maybe i need 2re think my sub setup... i am not asking you what you wont me 2run in my setup i ask about 4-12'' Gcon are 8-10'' Dcon on 2-AQ2200. i dont mind finding a sub comp that will help me with this setup. and wonts my business. i would think that SSA would wont my business but if not thats fine thay dont make the only sub out there....

Edited by 98exploreron22

I come to this form 2 ask about the setup i am thinking of runing 4-12'' Gcon are 8-10'' Dcon subs and have not got any help with what i ask ,,,,,,,,, if this is how the SSA form is when trying 2get help with my setup runing there subs then maybe i need 2re think my sub setup... i am not asking you what you wont me 2run in my setup i ask about 4-12'' Gcon are 8-10'' Dcon on 2-AQ2200. i dont mind finding a sub comp that will help me with this setup. and wonts my business. i would think that SSA would wont my business but if not thats fin thay dont make the only sub out there....

I answered your question twice and threw out a suggestion, I'm sorry that you didn't find that helpful.

Also several other people said they would prefer the cone area advantage of the 10's

So your saying that cone ant king then that the 4-12'' Gcon would sound and do better than 8-10'' Dcon on the same power. thats wha i have been asking------

So your saying that cone ant king then that the 4-12'' Gcon would sound and do better than 8-10'' Dcon on the same power. thats wha i have been asking------

How the hell is anyone suppose to answer that question? Its all about the install, Any answer is a complete guess and nothing else.

I would rather run the GCONs because they will handle the power you have better, and I personally would rather run less "better" subs than a bunch of "cheaper" subs. Not taking anything away from the DCONs as they are a great sub just MY opinion, I can't tell you what you would prefer with the little bit of info that you provided. If you ask more questions and define your goals we can better help you.

I asked here about this setup ///// yall are the ones that have been runing the SSA subs thats y i asked yall.........

I asked here about this setup ///// yall are the ones that have been runing the SSA subs thats y i asked yall.........

I have personal experience with every line of SSA subs, and tried my best to help you. If you have any other questions I'd be glad to answer them if I can.

I have personal experience with every line of SSA subs, and tried my best to help you. If you have any other questions I'd be glad to answer them if I can.

----------THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFO------- i was thinking that haveing 8-subs to spred the power would be better than 4 subs and this is the thuck i drive every day i wont loud loud loud with the space i have 2use not numbers who wonts a fart box in there every day driver not me.

----------THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFO------- i was thinking that haveing 8-subs to spred the power would be better than 4 subs and this is the thuck i drive every day i wont loud loud loud with the space i have 2use not numbers who wonts a fart box in there every day driver not me.

Either the DCON or the GCON will sound great in a proper enclosure.

What do you think about the box spec i posted for this setup. i just wont all the info i can get so when the subs get here the box would be done and in the truck ready for the subs.....again thanks for your insite on this

4 6" aeros will be good, the tuning depends on what you prefer. Shoot for ~2.5 cubes net per 12" GCON or ~1.25 cubes per 10" DCON. There are plenty of people on here that can help you through the building process (Myself included). And if you need a design there are a few options as well.