Alright, going a little old school here. Someone locally is selling a Visonik 4000xd. Im looking to compete in the dbdrag street trunk class and need a 4000 watt amplifier. Are these amps any good? Iv read some mixed reviews.. Some saying they are very power hungry and im just not sure if its worth buying or not. Anyone have experience with these things?

http://www.caraudiof...xd-tested-5416/

I wouldn't run it, but if you can get it at a good price, then why not.

why wouldnt you run it... from the test it seems like it makes rated power...

I don't know.. I can trade my current AB 100.1 and give him an extra 100 bucks for it.. It seems to have A Lot of current draw though. Going I need to upgrade some fusing.

Visionik wasn't always crap.. Just like many other brands that most people call garbage.

Power (Watts RMS)=3988 on 16 volts

I just stated my opnion is all.

thats like saying, a fast food place will get you full, its true, but wouldn't you enjoy a home cooked meal better?

thats like saying, a fast food place will get you full, its true, but wouldn't you enjoy a home cooked meal better?

What if the fast food restaurant sells home cooked meals?

What if the fast food restaurant sells home cooked meals?

Apple sauce in my tummy makes me suuuper yummy.

I have used all the anaba group 4000d amps the clif design cdx-20a the ma audio hk4000d, and the visnoic 4000d. All work great and when used correctly with the proper electrical.

I personally set a few records back in the day with these. Been a while but still great amps. Most do not know anything about them other then it says visonic which means they are just tossing out an answer bases on guesses.

Well I'm limited to a battery upfront and 1 battery in the rear. I'm just not sure if that amplifier will be efficient enough with only a small electrical upgrade allowed

Class D's have similar efficiency. This won't be any more "power hungry" than any other 4 kw amp... There really isn't alot of break-through efficiency technology out there to make much of a difference between amp to amp...

this amp is also a 3600w amp, mike.

And i cant remember, it's been a while since i've seen one of those amps in person but isn't it 2ohm stable?

If I did my math right that should be 54% effiiciency which is pretty crappy but considering it does 4k @ ~2 ohms and is rated for that power at 17v is not too bad at all. And for the record that test was done at 14v not 16v (14v = charging at 16, 16v = charging at 17-18).

A few good sized batteries would be ideal for this amp but if you're limited to 2 batts just fit the largest ones you can and get some good ones like batcaps or something with a high discharge. Are you limited by cubic inches for the size of the batts (like 800 cubic inches?)

Edited by Kangaroux