tbear55

fresh new install! do i have enough power for amp/

Hey guys, need some help.live been competing for years so I have some knowledge, but I'm not up to date on the power I need to supply the amp I'm wanting to go with. I have a 220 amp alt. And hc 2400 kinetik. I'm.going to b running two fi bl 12's dual 2 on a sundown 3500d. Daily will b run at 1 ohm and compete at .5 ohm. Do I have enough power to push the amp to full potential? All help and suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Only way to know for sure is to install enerything and watch voltage. If it drops too low for comfort then add another battery or some more wire. Be sure to have the big 3 done!

Hey guys, need some help my new system will consist of two fi bl 12's dual 2 and a saz-3500. I have a 220 amp alt. And an hc 2400 kinetik. Will b running at 1 ohm daily and compete at .5 ohm. Is this enough power to het full potential from amp? All help and suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Still waiting on equipment to get here. Just wondering if another 2400 would b needed. Thanks for the help but what's the big three?

Hey guys, need some help.live been competing for years so I have some knowledge, but I'm not up to date on the power I need to supply the amp I'm wanting to go with. I have a 220 amp alt. And hc 2400 kinetik. I'm.going to b running two fi bl 12's dual 2 on a sundown 3500d. Daily will b run at 1 ohm and compete at .5 ohm. Do I have enough power to push the amp to full potential? All help and suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

If you have d2's you can run the amp at .05, 2.0 or 8ohms. 1 is not a option

Also need to know the wire sizes. which would include the big three.

from my experience no it will not be enough,

and or. it would not be enough for me rather.

ill tell you a little bit about why i say so.

i had a 200 amp H/o and 2 yellow tops in the rear and 1 under the hood. all 0 gauge with big three, with a saz 3000D on 2 15 inch BLs,@1 ohm,.

i suffered low voltage, my amp would run hot, i would blow breakers and i cooked a few alternators,

i added, 1 more cell to the rear and it helped. but was still not where i wanted to be.... i ended up with 4 optimas in the rear, and 1 under the hood along with a 200 amp h/o to be able to run cool and stay with decent voltage. @1 ohm. i never ran below.

lastly,. i can not for the life of me figure out how you plan to run run dual 2s at 1 ohm daily and comps ay .5 unless your going to run 1 sub daily.

Still waiting on equipment to get here. Just wondering if another 2400 would b needed. Thanks for the help but what's the big three?

"The Big 3" is replacing the factory wires from the alt to battery, power, and ground wire with thicker wire, typically 0 gauge. There are plenty of write-ups and suggestions on wire choices. One of the vendors on this site is even running a sale, of course you have to do the labor. Try the search function, some people have luck with it, others not so much.

"The Big 3" is replacing the factory wires from the alt to battery, power, and ground wire with thicker wire, typically 0 gauge. There are plenty of write-ups and suggestions on wire choices. One of the vendors on this site is even running a sale, of course you have to do the labor. Try the search function, some people have luck with it, others not so much.

Try googling it!!!

I've done the big three already. Just never heard it referred to as that. The reason I was asking I never had any experience with sundown amps and nobody close to me even heard of it. I'll def. Add the other battery and watch the voltage. I meant daily at two ohm accidentally hit the one. Sorry for the mistake. Thanks guys for all ur input and keep giving me info on the amp as I only seem a 4500 in action at a comp. He ran a 200 amp alt. And two 2400's. He played daily music and hit a 157, so I'm impressed with the brand.

"The Big 3" is replacing the factory wires ...

IMO you shouldn't replace but add to the factory wires. Just in case it messes with a computer somehow- keeps it safe

"The Big 3" is replacing the factory wires ...

IMO you shouldn't replace but add to the factory wires. Just in case it messes with a computer somehow- keeps it safe

And add fuses to the new wire from the alternator.

Yeah I had to add to the wiring because of computer none the less it works. I appreciate all ur guys help. If u have any tips or info on the amp I would appreciate it.

:WELCOME:

Good choice on subs bro i ran a pair of bl 12's competing last year on a crescendo 3500 at 1ohm LOVED them! my electrical was a little similar had two kinetic 2400's in the back with two runs of 1/gauge to the rear. Voltage was not the best because i was having mounting problems with my alternator and just the alternator combined with the situation also bad combination different story. all depends on ohm rise and all kinds of stuff.

144db at 43hz was the loudest i ever scored.

Glad I signed up! Haven't competed in about five years but looking forward to the upcoming season. Kick off at sbn, haven't been in awhile, hopefully see all u guys there, and we all get back in winners circle.

I have been running two mtx 9500's at 2 ohm on two strapped gorilla 5500's. Only have one 2400 and red top upfront with high output alt. Best I've done is 148.2 @ 45hz. New question now, will I b down grading instead of upgrading. I want to be in the 150's to b competitive. That was measured with term lab on windshield.

It's possible the electrical can do it, it depends on your usage.

I used to run stock alt, 2 XS batts and 21,000w of power.

Measured 1100A of current draw on burps and around 760A on music average.

My usage allowed me to sustain this system for 4 months before i tore it out.

now, you did mention FULL potential...

That would mean to drive this amp at 18.5v.

that would require 2 250A alts with about 8 runs of 4/0 off them, 4 power4 ground(2 of each per alt).

You would then need 16v batts. Quantity exactly is unknown but 3 XP1000s would be ideal, if not 4-5 to ensure your voltage stays at 18v or higher.

Thanks for that info, but I don't have room for that setup. Vehicle is still family transportation. It should rum between 14 to 13 volts as the system I have now never draws it below 13.7. That's why I'm asking so much info about the amp as I've Googled it I get some inconsistent numbers on what the amp will do at 14 volts. I don't believe I'm pushing more than 4000 true watts through the amps I have now, but they're supposed to push 6500. No power strain with the setup now so I hope I have the same luck.