Sign in to follow this  
tonyb121

Amp

I know i have been posting alot, but someone has to lol. Anyways what should i set my sub sonic and low pass filter to for my 15" FI SSD. I have a hifonics brutus 1200.1D

Set your low pass filter to around 80-100hz. DON'T SET IT TO THE HIGHEST SETTING (~250hz). You will blow your sub. The subsonic filter is something you're gonna have to play around with, but I usually set it to around 3-5hz below my box tuning. So for example, if my box was tuned to 32hz, I may set it to around 27-29hz.

Thanks my box is set to 32 hz so is 27-29 for the sub sonic ok like you said?

Set your low pass filter to around 80-100hz. DON'T SET IT TO THE HIGHEST SETTING (~250hz). You will blow your sub. The subsonic filter is something you're gonna have to play around with, but I usually set it to around 3-5hz below my box tuning. So for example, if my box was tuned to 32hz, I may set it to around 27-29hz.

I agree about 80hz or so but I have never heard of a sub blowing from playing to high, it may sound like shit but blow? This is false

I agree about 80hz or so but I have never heard of a sub blowing from playing to high, it may sound like shit but blow? This is false

Send several hundred watts to your sub playing a midbass frequency and see how long it lasts...Very little excursion combined with a very high frequency means the sub has a hard time cooling itself. Add in any sort of clipping and the coil will heat up extremely fast

Sign in to follow this