codester

One sub hitting harder

One of my d1 SSA icons is not hitting near as hard as the other. I have them wired to 4 ohms. I followed 12volt wiring diagram for it. I tried swapping wires on one sub to change phase but it didn't really do anything, maybe helped a bit. Its been like this since I hooked them up. Any ideas?

Drivers don't hit.

Is one driver moving more than the other? If so, is one driver placed near the port entrance?

How is the box? is it ported? Sealed? which sub is hitting louder?

Is it only when trunk open? When trunk closed? Is it in a SUV? Blow through? Need more info.

Box is ported. The bottom sub is the one moving more. Its a slot port facing up with port on right side. Its in a dodge Dakota crew cab. Build log has pictures.

The bottom one is closer to the port. There's no weird noises and it is loud just worries me how one is moving more.

only time i encountered that problem when i blew one coil on a sub still worked but moved alot more then the perfectly fine one with both coils!

also had + and - hooked up on the only coil that worked if you have one postive on one coil and negative wire on other then this would not be the problem

Edited by Dictator

Pull them and take pictures of how they are wired. Also check the coils with a DMM.

One driver is moving more because it is closest to the port.

Take a logical approach to the situation. The subs are on the same amp right? You have already made sure the coils are in phase? You have checked to make sure both coils are working and energized? If so then the sub is not broken.

Do nothing but swap the subs around in the box. If the new sub in the same spot is still moving more or "unloading" it's just poor box design.

Edited by Quentin Jarrell