b34tBoX

How would 2x15" sealed compare to a single 12" ported.

Had a 12" Fi BTL off 2500RMS in a 2.70cuft box @ 30Hz. Trunk setup.

Have a different car now and was thinking 2x15" @ 600RMS each, sealed in rear seat area, facing forward (or backward).

Was looking at RE Audio SEX series.

Just wondering how it would compare to the BTL.

Would the two 15's move more air?

How would the lows be, and of course SQ difference be?

Re is garbage, and putting a couple hundred pounds of projectiles in your back seat isn't a good idea.

Sealed box for the 15's would be around recommended specs that is 1.5-2.0 per woofer, of course I'd go bigger, probably 2.5cuft unless someone suggests otherwise.

unless someone suggests otherwise.

Do something else. What are your goals? What vehicle? Budget?

I don't care about loud, I want something that sounds good, where I can enjoy listening to the music and not just be obsessed over a few songs that sound optimal. Moving some air would be great too.

What didn't you like about the BTL?

unless someone suggests otherwise.

Do something else. What are your goals? What vehicle? Budget?

2005 Civic Coupe.

Just posted goals. :)

I'm doing entire system but budget for sub/s amp would be about $700.

Oh, it was impressive.

Maybe it's just me but I found that I listened to the same tracks on OCD repeat.

Stock stereo in Civic right now, and find that I've been able to actually enjoy the music, rather that the result of it, if that makes sense.

Edited by b34tBoX

I would definitely recommend keeping things in the trunk. Two twelves sealed would be a good option. Look at the SSA GCON's or Fi SSD's, both work very well sealed. Maybe a single 15 like the Fi Q or SSA ICON would be great too.

I would definitely recommend keeping things in the trunk. Two twelves sealed would be a good option. Look at the SSA GCON's or Fi SSD's, both work very well sealed. Maybe a single 15 like the Fi Q or SSA ICON would be great too.

The trunks on these cars hold no air in, and I don't like the feeling of all that weight at the back of the vehicle.

What's a disadvantage to having the woofers in cabin?

Oh, it was impressive.

Maybe it's just me but I found that I listened to the same tracks on OCD repeat.

Stock stereo in Civic right now, and find that I've been able to actually enjoy the music, rather that the result of it, if that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense, some songs have more bass content than others. Also some songs will peak differently in your car than others.

Serious injury or death, turning your 5 seat vehicle into a 2 seat vehicle, unless you seal it completely off from the trunk output will suffer, easier to see (thieves), and lastly it looks like shit.

The '05 civic is my weekend car, I park it in garage, not too worried about theft.

I was also considering 2x15" Obsidian in sealed, according to T/S they should do well.

Enclosure would be well secured, no worries, and I make it look nice.

The front baffle will be at the same angle as the front seats. With each subwoofer behind driver/passenger seat and adequate breathing room.

Yes, I will be sealing it from the trunk.

Edited by b34tBoX

I don't care about loud, I want something that sounds good, where I can enjoy listening to the music and not just be obsessed over a few songs that sound optimal. Moving some air would be great too.

You don't care about loud but you want to move air???

Oh, it was impressive.

Huh? You are changing subs because you only listened to a couple songs? If so, easy cure. Turn down the bass.

You don't care about loud but you want to move air???

Oh, it was impressive.

Huh? You are changing subs because you only listened to a couple songs? If so, easy cure. Turn down the bass.

Loud is not a priority to me, I'm just wondering how much air would be moved with 2x15's @ 600RMS each sealed compared to one 12" ported at 2000RMS.

I ran the BTL for two years and listened to just about everything through it. I guess I just became obsessed with finding the songs that sounded best through it in my vehicle.

The trunks on these cars hold no air in, and I don't like the feeling of all that weight at the back of the vehicle.

Considering the weight distribution of that vehicle is approximately 60-40, "all that weight at the back of the vehicle" will actually help to balance the car and improve handling and feel. You may think that you're drivers will be well-secured, but once you get in an accident you'll quickly learn how unsecured they actually are.

I'm good, build it big enough so it doesn't move. wink.png

No really, I'm confident I can build it secure enough, besides, I don't drive this car much, and do you tell everyone that who has audio equipment in cabin?

Edited by b34tBoX

Oh, it was impressive.

How is your sub amp connected to your stock stereo?

It looks as if you have a huge peak in your response that is only sounding good on certain songs that you are unable to tame.

I'm good, build it big enough so it doesn't move. wink.png

No really, I'm confident I can build it secure enough, besides, I don't drive this car much, and do you tell everyone that who has audio equipment in cabin?

I sure do. Growing up with a father with a towing company and seeing many many accidents opens your eyes to things. You THINK you can make it secure, but remember, you have no control over physics when an accident occurs. I've seen enclosures that were bolted to a trunk get ripped right through a back seat, seats fly out of vehicles, you name it. It's never safe, no matter what you think.

Oh, it was impressive.

How is your sub amp connected to your stock stereo?

It looks as if you have a huge peak in your response that is only sounding good on certain songs that you are unable to tame.

That was a previous setup. I built three enclosures for the BTL ranging from different sizes and tuning frequencies, all sounded great in their own way.

Listen, it's just how we all have our favorite demo songs, that sound 100% on our builds. There was nothing lacking, maybe I'm just looking for a flatter response or more woofer control.

Audio:

Alpine 9885

270A DC Power large body alternator

Optima Red Top (front)

Optima Yellow Top (rear)

Knu Konceptz Kolossus Fleks Power Kable (All Copper)

Knu Konceptz Krystal RCA Kables

Knu Konceptz Klear Speaker Kable

2 sets of CDT CL-62 6.5" components with silk-dome tweeters (front)

CDT CL-69X (rear)

12" Fi BTL (D2, Cooling, HiXmCoil, Daily))

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D

Soundstream Rubicon 2.600

Soundstream Rubicon 2.250

Some pics:

amprack1.jpg

kick_5.jpg

springs_5.jpg

I'd go with a pair of sealed 12s.

Have you tried to fire the box through the cabin ? Sealed off from the trunk ?

Nice setup OP !