PistolPete94

Sundown SA-12 and Skar VVX-12

Ive been looking at subs for a week and im trying to get the best sounding sub for the money so ive narrowed it down to the SKAR VVX-12 and the Sundown SA-12. I want some hard hitting bass but also great sound quality, durability and reliability. These subs seem to be exactly the same and ive heard that Jacob from sundown designed both of them?? What are their differences if there are any? they both seem to be of great quality

Ive thought about it and ive sent an email asking about pricing on shipping but they havent gotten back to me on it... SSA is based out of Florida isnt it? and i live in Alabama so it shouldnt be that bad.

Thought the pricing was on the webpage. Either way, I like that option better as well.

You can estimate shipping and tax in the SSA store. Take the Skar out of the equation.

You can estimate shipping and tax in the SSA store. Take the Skar out of the equation.

Its 37 bucks... cause its heavy. I can pay for that but ill probably have to make my own box. whats a good design for one gcon 12? I have a single cab truck so its gotta be able to fit behind one of the seats. and why take the SKAR out of the equation?

Its 37 bucks... cause its heavy. I can pay for that but ill probably have to make my own box. whats a good design for one gcon 12? I have a single cab truck so its gotta be able to fit behind one of the seats. and why take the SKAR out of the equation?

Do some "googling" of skar and the owner kevin, and make your own decision. Before you make your purchase get some dimensions so we can help you come up with a design, and see what sub will work the best for you.

The owner of Skar has been known to scam, and deceit. I would not spend any money with him--no matter how "good" a deal something of his may seem.

Do some "googling" of skar and the owner kevin, and make your own decision. Before you make your purchase get some dimensions so we can help you come up with a design, and see what sub will work the best for you.

wow... i see. umm i guess itll be sundown or ssa.lol i want the woofer facing upwards (towards the ceiling) i have an area of about 2ft wide 2 1/2ft long...

wow... i see. umm i guess itll be sundown or ssa.lol i want the woofer facing upwards (towards the ceiling) i have an area of about 2ft wide 2 1/2ft long...

Get some exact measurements of height, width, and depth in inches. You don't want to guess wrong and end up with not enough room.

Get some exact measurements of height, width, and depth in inches. You don't want to guess wrong and end up with not enough room.

the measurements are 1ft 5in wide by a 1 1/2 ft long and can be 1 1/2ft tall

SSA is not based out of Florida, Skar is. SSA woofers are made in Las Vegas, NV.

SSA is not based out of Florida, Skar is. SSA woofers are made in Las Vegas, NV.

alright i didnt know ive just see some videos of SSA guys in FL. i know skar is out of Tampa.

You guys are all wrong. I'd go skar...They are underrated after all.

/sarcasm

so SSA i is lol

You can't go wrong with SSA!!! :slayer:

Picking subs is hard man.. lol there are only a couple of subs that can even rival the Gcon. but i mean you cant beat handmade when ordered and its made in 'MERICA!!

Picking subs is hard man.. lol there are only a couple of subs that can even rival the Gcon. but i mean you cant beat handmade when ordered and its made in 'MERICA!!

Your on the SSA forum so most people are going to tell you gcon. Not that it isnt a good choice, IMO id go sundown, Google that. I run 2 sa 12s and I love them. Not to mention ive never came across anything negative about any of there problems. You can get them cheap to. I would DEFINATLEY consider some FI SSD's or some Ascendant audio subs

Edited by Ludachris5150

Both are excellent drivers either the sa-12s or the g-con will be worth every penny. I can say the sa line is bullet proof and can take loads of abuse. Both are underrated as well but the sa or g-con really shine at rms and that's all either requires to get loud/sound good. Do some research on you own and make your decisions based off of that as well though.

Your on the SSA forum so most people are going to tell you gcon. Not that it isnt a good choice, IMO id go sundown, Google that. I run 2 sa 12s and I love them. Not to mention ive never came across anything negative about any of there problems. You can get them cheap to. I would DEFINATLEY consider some FI SSD's or some Ascendant audio subs

i actualy have considered FI SSD's cause of the RMS they can take at the price that they are, ive even thought about DC level 2's. Im mainly looking to sound great and have some hard hitting bass, not just high spl numbers. The SA-12s do look extremely solid but so do the gcons. I want a durable great sounding sub. I havent found many reviews on an FI SSD 12 though... Id like to find some reviews on them before i consider them. i know Ascendants are great! but they arent very cheap.... and at the momment i dont have much more than 200 bucks to spend on 1 12in sub. I have figured my best bet for great sound and performance would come from the hand made in America such as Fi's or SSA's. so ive ben thinking seriously about getting the Gcon but i dont know much about its durablity cause of how new they are... and all the reviews i find are of the 15's or like 4+ gcons. not just one...

ive also thought about incriminator lethal injections but i cant find ANYTHING on them...

The GCON and SSD are both excellent drivers. The Sa is also a great sub, but I'd still take the SSA or Fi sub first.

Thats what i was thinking, either way ill be paying about the same thing cause of shipping. it just depends on which one i guess.

ive also thought about incriminator lethal injections but i cant find ANYTHING on them...

Great subwoofers and I love mine, I wouldnt base my subwoofer decision off of reviews solely if any at all. Some companies have huge forum followers and some don't, that's why you see more reviews or topics on their products than others.

Well I mean I'll base it off of specs a bit more but since I dont live where I could see and hear them I dont know which one to pick.. I'm gonna go with an FI SSD or SSA GCON