capricess

one big or 2 little

Ok i got 3 subs sitting in my man cave 15s im in the process of building my enclosure now but im trying to decide how to power them they are dual 4 ohm subs should i get a big amp thats half ohm stable and wire them to .66 ohms or strap 2 smaller amps i need a total of 3000rms any suggestiins will be great

What subs? Budget?

I got 3 db drive k915d4 subs my amp budget is about 800 bucks

Ignoring the

If you want a little head room on your amp. I have a dc5k for sale for 850 shipped.

Does 5k at 1 ohm and will handle .5 easy.

Extremely solid amp. I'm just upgrading is why I'm letting them go so cheap. Ask around.

Damn Steve why cant you wait another mont or 2 to upgrade i dont have the money now i just dished out 750 for my box smh i need a new job im just preparing for my future purchase but if any deals come uo around the 1st im all on it

None of my business but how did you spend 750 on a box? I think my whole wall was only a couple hundred.

None of my business but how did you spend 750 on a box? I think my whole wall was only a couple hundred.

thats what i was thinking

i

it was a cardboard box with a nice amp inside LOL

Well i got the box built for 300 but it cost me 350 to get it custom molded into my trunk with fiberglass

i thought you were going with 6 15's

No it was 4 15s however i did a lil more math and took a few suggestions from you great guys on ssa and decided to meet in the middle and do 3 with 4 cubes a piece for a better box

Ill snap some pics when i pic my car up untill then any suggestions on my original post would be nice

well you asked for it.

if they are dual 4s they are likely not very high end subs..and you wont need 3K

if they are dual 4s they are likely not very high end subs..

That's an extremely inaccurate generalization.

if they are dual 4s they are likely not very high end subs..

That's an extremely inaccurate generalization.

what i said, paired with his post history ill stand by it....

but i agree with you, normally.

So lil i mean bigjohn how can you just assume i subs quality by its impedance are you familiar with the k9 15d4 do you have a set have you verified that they wont take the 3k that they call for i mean sure they arnt top of the line but there no kicker either if your post arnt gonna be helpful or even meaningfull witch they havnt been yet for what ive seen why waist your time because i see only 2 reasons to do so 1 being no life the other being your using a keyboard to produce words out of your mouth that you wouldnt use in person if you go back and read your post you have yet to give any valuable info on my original post you are a complete waist of knowledge since you have so much to know a speaker quality before you ever touched it how come you are yet to say if i should use one big or 2 little to power my subs

Joe

Edited by capricess

1 big end of story. And your the one asking for info so I'd be a little more thought full when you have no idea who your talking to.

So lil i mean bigjohn how can you just assume i subs quality by its impedance are you familiar with the k9 15d4 do you have a set have you verified that they wont take the 3k that they call for i mean sure they arnt top of the line but there no kicker either if your post arnt gonna be helpful or even meaningfull witch they havnt been yet for what ive seen why waist your time because i see only 2 reasons to do so 1 being no life the other being your using a keyboard to produce words out of your mouth that you wouldnt use in person if you go back and read your post you have yet to give any valuable info on my original post you are a complete waist of knowledge since you have so much to know a speaker quality before you ever touched it how come you are yet to say if i should use one big or 2 little to power my subs

Joe

Impressive use of punctuation

ha!,

you have no clue son, and your questions require little to no input... evey time.... your simple son!.

good job on your waste of time run on sentance.

lil i mean bigjohn

lil' jon is here??!?! WHHHAAAAATTT???!!!?! ;)

they arnt top of the line but there no kicker either

Kicker offers some extremely solid products. Don't be so quick to look down your nose at them.

Let's eat Grandma

Let's eat, Grandma

Punctuation, it saves lives!

DaveChappelle-LilJohn.gif